Bologna is one of the largest metropolitan cities in Italy and has a population of nearly 1 million permanent residents. Home to the Bologna campus of John Hopkins University, the city was the first to host a U.S. based post graduate program in Europe and brings many students from America to the city annually for education. For industry, Bologna is an industrial center for textile mills, chemicals, machinery, engineering firms, automobiles, footwear and financial amongst many others. Roadways are usually not very congested and driving can be quite enjoyable especially when taking a relaxing drive through the city to enjoy one of the many art museums or cultural facets of the city. Having your own car will definitely ensure that living in Bologna is an enjoyable experience. When you need to ship your car quickly and affordable, you need to hire a professional transporter to take care of things for you. You’ll need to provide some standard documents to verify your identity such as your driver’s license and social security card, and will need to determine the type of transport you want to use prior to receiving an international shipping quote.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Types of International Automobile Transport.
In today’s economy most people prefer to take routes that will be most affordable, and thankfully, when it comes to shipping a car overseas it is far more affordable than many think it will be. There are two ways to have your car shipped by sea from the United States to Bologna, Italy and those ways are:
RORO Shipping-When it comes to quick and affordable automobile transport you can’t find a better way than RORO. Also widely known as Roll-On Roll-Off Shipping, this is the most popular way to transport a motor vehicle internationally. Whether you have a car, truck, boat, bus or anything in between, RORO is the easiest way to ship all vehicles. The motor vehicle is rolled onto the carrier ship at the exit port, secured in place for the journey and then rolled off when it reaches the entry port for Bologna. If you need pick-up or delivery when you ship via RORO your transport agent will assist you with door to door delivery.
RORO is suitable for all types of motor vehicles but if you have a car that is more of an investment than a standard everyday driving vehicle, you may want to consider using an enclosed carrier to ship the vehicle.
Enclosed Shipping-No other type of shipping is as secure as using enclosed shipping. While it will cost more to use this type of transport, it is the best way to ship an expensive car or a classic, race, or collectible automobile. Motor vehicles are packed inside of large shipping containers, usually 20 foot or 40 foot containers, then secured in place and sealed inside of the container. Many containers offer added support for shipping by having thickly padded interior walls to help secure the motor vehicle during travel. This is also a preferred way to ship a car overseas when you need to relocate your entire home all at one time. For added convenience you can load personal items inside of the car and in the container for transport.
If you plan on relocating your household during the shipping process, you may want to contact U.S. Customs to gain insight on things you are allowed to export from the United States as well as personal items that are allowed to be imported to Italy.
Motor Vehicle and Customs Regulations in Bologna.
When it comes to customs regulations for importing a motor vehicle, Italy has some of the most relaxed rules of any country worldwide. For customs you will need to provide a copy of your driver’s license, motor vehicle title and your tax code number. Your license will need to have an Italian translation if it is not an Italian license. You will also be required to apply for a tax code number as all residents of Italy, whether a temporary resident or a citizen, must pay taxes when living in the country. If you have owned the car for more than one year, you can file for an exemption on import duty fees, but otherwise you will need to pay import duties and taxes. New cars are subject to a value added tax (VAT) as well as the general taxes for importation and shipping. For vehicle registration and Italian automobile plates you will need the following information:
- Automobile Registration.
- Valid Driver’s License. Non Italian licenses must be accompanied with a translation written in Italian.
- Commercial Sales Invoice.
- Tax Code Number or proof that the tax code number application.
- Driver’s License. As with new cars, non-Italian licenses must be accompanied with a translation written in Italian.
- Residency Certificate.
- T2119 Application.
- NP2B registration.
- Original Sales Receipt notarized with owner’s name.
- Automobile Registration and a copy of the registration.
- Certificate of Commerce if the car is a corporate or business owned car. You will also need a notarized statement showing the name of the employee or representative that will be driving the automobile.
- Tax Code Number or proof of tax code number application status.
For all questions that you may have concerning shipping your automobile overseas to Bologna, shipping regulations, laws and customs of the United States as well as Bologna, Italy your shipping agent will be able to fully detail everything that you need to know. You can also check with U.S. Customs for information on personal items that you will be allowed to take with you if you are planning on relocating with household goods.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory