Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Ajman
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ajman is the smallest city in the United Arab Emirates and has been bursting with development over the last five years. Many companies have been moving into the area and with that business boom, an influx of people have relocated and will need to import their car to the city. The Port of Ajman is located on the Gulf Coast of the UAE and is host to several ports for cargo deliveries thus making moving your car to Ajman a simple procedure once you hire an auto transport company to ship the car internationally. The agent at the transport company will be able to detail everything you need to know about international shipping as they have the professional experience with shipping internationally daily. You will need to provide the company with your driver’s license, social security number, car title and insurance and will need to sign a Power of Attorney form that will allow the company to transport your car overseas as well as pick-up and deliver the car from your location to the Major Shipping Port in the United States where your car will need to be shipped from to travel to Ajman. Your agent will take the stress out of having to ship your car because they will be able to guide you through the paperwork needed for Customs Clearance and will be able to tell you what procedures you will need to adhere to for the United Arab Emirates importation laws.
What Requirements Should I Know About Upfront?
Anytime that you need to ship a car internationally you will need to know what paperwork is necessary for the country or city you are shipping to and what is allowable for importing a car. In Ajman, you will be required to provide a copy of your Passport, Visa, Car Title, Original Bill of Purchase, Bill of Lading or Air Bill, and a Vehicle Clearance Certificate. You will also have to have your car inspected by the Roads and Transportation Authority to ensure that your car is roadworthy. This inspection will need to be performed every 30 days once you are in Ajman with your car as it is a requirement for all vehicles allowed on the roadways. For further information on customs regulations and requirements in Ajman, you can contact the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Washington, DC and they can direct you to valuable paperwork and information.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost and Types of Shipping Available
The total cost of shipping will vary depending on the type of shipping you choose, the weight of your car, pick-up, and delivery if necessary, and the distance from your exit port to the entry port in Ajman. The agent with the auto transport company will provide you with all of the pricing information and will present you with a total quote prior to shipping that will show what you need to pay upfront as well as what will be paid upon delivery. Typically International Shipping Insurance will be included in the total cost of shipping overseas, but if it is not you will need to procure a policy through your current automobile insurance provider. You can gain insightful information from the article “Exporting a Motor Vehicle” from the U.S. Customs website.
With the availability of open sea ports in Ajman, the best way to ship will be by sea, although you may also have an option to ship by air if you need to. For shipping overseas to Ajman either by sea or air you can use the following methods of transportation:
- Ro-Ro Shipping- Ro-Ro shipping is the quickest and least expensive way to ship your vehicle internationally. Vehicles are driven onto the ship and secured into place with straps and wooden blocks to prevent instability. When shipping with Ro-Ro you will need to make sure all personal items have been removed from the vehicle. Your auto shipper will give you details on times for shipping and the length of time it will take for the vehicle to arrive in Ajman.
- Container Shipping– When you ship your vehicle in a container aboard a Freightliner you will be able to ship personal items along with the vehicle. Containers can be utilized in either 20 feet (for single cars) or 40 feet (Usually for two vehicles) as well as enough space for your necessary personal possessions.
- Air Shipping– Air shipping is the fastest way to have your vehicle delivered internationally. It is the most expensive choice for shipping but is a great benefit if you need your vehicle in a short amount of time or if you have a luxury or classic auto that you want to be delivered fast. You can also have personal items shipped with your vehicle when you choose to ship by air.
Your auto shipper will work with you to help determine the shipping method that will be most beneficial for you and your vehicle. You can also make arrangements with them to pick your vehicle up in the United States and drive it to the exit port and pick it up when it reaches the port in Ajman if you will not be able to pick it up in person.