Shipping A Car To Burkina Faso
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cheapest rates to ship a car from the U.S. to Burkina Faso is around $2,500, usually by splitting a containerized shipment with other parties also shipping a vehicle or personal goods.
- The high end on a vehicle shipment to the area can run as much as $7,000.
Burkina Faso is a landlocked country in West Africa. It is a populated area with nearly 16 million inhabitants. Over 32% of the country’s capital is a result of the agricultural industry. It is also serves as 80% of the country’s employment. The country’s culture is full of art, cuisine, sports and cinema.
Regardless of whether you are going to Burkina Faso for study, employment or permanent residency, having a personal vehicle to travel in will be helpful. The public transportation is lacking and in order to get to various areas throughout the country will be much easier with a vehicle of your own.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Ways to Ship a Vehicle to Burkina Faso from the United States
There are several methods in which a person can have their vehicle shipped over to the country of Burkina Faso. Even though it is a landlocked country without any seaports, there are seaports close enough to have the vehicle shipped to. One will have to arrange transportation to the port on the day the vehicle is due for arrival. Ports will not hold vehicles for the owners.
Container shipping is a form of shipping/exporting that allows a person to fill the vehicle and remaining space in the container with property. All of the items must be cleared by Customs or they will not be permitted into the country. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Customs to ask about the policies. This method of shipping/exporting allows you to share a container with another individual. The costs can then be split as well.
RO/RO shipping is a form of vehicle shipment that requires the vehicle to drive onto and off of the ship as is. The vehicle may only contain floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. No other belonging can be inside. RO/RO is not accepted at all seaports so be sure there is one close enough to where you are currently residing.
Contact the Embassy of Burkina Faso prior to selecting a form of vehicle shipment. They will inform you of all the current policies in regards to shipping/importing a vehicle from the United States. All policies must be addressed before vehicle shipment can occur. Duties and taxes will also need to be paid.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Burkina Faso
- Valid passport
- Proof of ownership
- Certificate of registration
- Copy of title
It’s important to note that import duties on motor vehicles in Burkina Faso are generally assessed around 50% of the value of the vehicle.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!