Ship Your Car To Or From Bhutan.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the U.S., most vehicle shipments to Bhutan fall in the price range of$2,400 to $5,000.
- This can vary based on an availability of shippers, method of delivery and vehicle type, with larger vehicles (especially those that don’t fit in a shipping container) cost more to transport.
The small landlocked country of Bhutan is part of South Asia and is bordered by China and India. The country is very mountainous and contains deep valleys with winding rivers, making it less populous. Many come to the country to work with and study primates and the conservation of the environment here is taken very seriously.
No matter the reason for a person’s lengthy stay or permanency, a personal vehicle should be of interest. With very little in public transportation, a vehicle will help a person to travel the country a bit easier.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Bhutan.
Traveling in Bhutan
Although roadways stretch across the rough terrain from east to west, making it possible to reach all areas of the country, they are steep and rough. Regular vehicle maintenance is crucial if shipping/importing a personal vehicle to Bhutan. Hence the reason that public transit is scarce.
When shipping/exporting a vehicle, take into consideration that the geography of Bhutan which tends to be less than favorable for traveling. The paved roads suffer and make it difficult for smaller vehicles to handle. A vehicle will need to be strong and healthy enough to maintain itself while traveling throughout the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Bhutan.
There will be documentation needed for vehicle shipment into Bhutan and restrictions that must be met.
- Vehicles might require an import license issued by the Royal Government of Bhutan.
- Second-hand vehicles are only permitted to authoritative of the Foreign Diplomatic Missions and International Organizations.
- Title and vehicle registration will be needed.
- License, picture I.D., and passport will need to be presented.
- Show any proof of ownership and insurance.
The restrictions and necessary documentation are always subject to change. Contact the Embassy of Bhutan for current information in regards to vehicle shipment from the U.S.
RO/RO Shipping Versus Container Shipping.
There are two shipping/exporting methods that are commonly used for vehicle shipment into Bhutan. Keep in mind that being a landlocked country, vehicle shipment will be to a nearby port and as the owner, it is crucial to make arrangements for the vehicle’s pickup on the day of its arrival.
- RO/RO shipping is the less costly of the two methods. It requires that the vehicle drives onto and off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty at the time of shipment with the exception of floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack.
- Container shipping is chosen by those who wish to ship other belongings too. The vehicle will fit into the container, and both the vehicle and the car can be filled with property. The container can be shared with another person which will help ease the costs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory