This can vary based on an availability of shippers, method of delivery and vehicle type, with larger vehicles (especially those that don’t fit in a shipping container) cost more to transport.
Ship Your Car To Or From Bhutan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the U.S., most vehicle shipments to Bhutan fall in the price range of$2,400 to $5,000.
- This can vary based on an availability of shippers, method of delivery and vehicle type, with larger vehicles (especially those that don’t fit in a shipping container) cost more to transport.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Bhutan
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Thimphu||$200||$2,300||5+38 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Thimphu||$400||$2,500||5+39 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Thimphu||$475||$2,300||6+38 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Thimphu||$550||$2,300||6+38 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Thimphu||$575||$2,500||6+39 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Thimphu||$700||$2,500||6+39 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Thimphu||$775||$2,300||7+38 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Thimphu||$800||$2,500||6+39 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Thimphu||$925||$2,500||7+39 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Thimphu||$1,025||$2,300||7+38 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
The small landlocked country of Bhutan is part of South Asia and is bordered by China and India. The country is very mountainous and contains deep valleys with winding rivers, making it less populous. Many come to the country to work with and study primates and the conservation of the environment here is taken very seriously.
No matter the reason for a person's lengthy stay or permanency, a personal vehicle should be of interest. With very little in public transportation, a vehicle will help a person to travel the country a bit easier.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Bhutan
Traveling in Bhutan
Although roadways stretch across the rough terrain from east to west, making it possible to reach all areas of the country, they are steep and rough. Regular vehicle maintenance is crucial if shipping/importing a personal vehicle to Bhutan. Hence the reason that public transit is scarce.
When shipping/exporting a vehicle, take into consideration that the geography of Bhutan which tends to be less than favorable for traveling. The paved roads suffer and make it difficult for smaller vehicles to handle. A vehicle will need to be strong and healthy enough to maintain itself while traveling throughout the country.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Bhutan
There will be documentation needed for vehicle shipment into Bhutan and restrictions that must be met.
- Vehicles might require an import license issued by the Royal Government of Bhutan.
- Second-hand vehicles are only permitted to authoritative of the Foreign Diplomatic Missions and International Organizations.
- Title and vehicle registration will be needed.
- License, picture I.D., and passport will need to be presented.
- Show any proof of ownership and insurance.
The restrictions and necessary documentation are always subject to change. Contact the Embassy of Bhutan for current information in regards to vehicle shipment from the U.S.
RO/RO Shipping Versus Container Shipping
There are two shipping/exporting methods that are commonly used for vehicle shipment into Bhutan. Keep in mind that being a landlocked country, vehicle shipment will be to a nearby port and as the owner, it is crucial to make arrangements for the vehicle's pickup on the day of its arrival.
- RO/RO shipping is the less costly of the two methods. It requires that the vehicle drives onto and off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty at the time of shipment with the exception of floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack.
- Container shipping is chosen by those who wish to ship other belongings too. The vehicle will fit into the container, and both the vehicle and the car can be filled with property. The container can be shared with another person which will help ease the costs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Bhutan
Whenever you need to ship large cargo or heavy equipment to another nation it is wise to purchase professional shipping services. As one of the leading transport companies in the United States, A1 Auto Transport has been providing international shipping solutions for decades. We have access to the most modern shipping technologies and high quality shipping equipment. Our staff is also educated and trained to understand foreign import policies and export policies so that we can assure a smooth transport from beginning to end.
In our time as national and international transporters, we have rarely come across any circumstances that didn’t allow us to ship a piece of heavy equipment or oversized cargo. The haulers and shipping equipment we use accommodate all types of cargo regardless of their larger size or heavier weight. We even have the ability to ship inoperable vehicles or equipment so large we must disassemble it. To give you an idea of some of the equipment and cargo we’re speaking of, below is a list of what we have or will ship overseas for our customers regardless of its condition.
Examples of the Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo A1 Can Ship
- Farm Equipment including tractors, balers, harvesters, backhoes, etc.
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, cranes, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving Equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, spreaders, drills, mowers, etc.
This list of heavy equipment and large cargo that we’re able to transport to other countries can go on forever. If you’re uncertain what your cargo qualifies as, our representatives will inform you as soon as your provide them with some information over the phone. Then, they will discuss your transport options with you.
International Shipping Options Available for Oversized Cargo
There are all together four different transport methods available to those shipping heavy cargo overseas. These methods all vary in price and style. Depending on what your cargo is or what type of equipment you plan to ship to Bhutan, you may only have some of these options available to you. We will help you make a sound decision and carefully plan out your international transport from there. Here are the methods of shipping we offer to our valued customers…
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping (LoLo)
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping (RoRo)
- Container Shipping
Each of our services is paired with the minimum state mandated insurance coverage. We do offer additional insurance coverage if you wish for the full value of your cargo to be protected during its transport.