Ship Your Car To Or From Anegada.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most shippers will charge between $1,500 and $3,000 to ship a vehicle to the British Virgin Islands from the U.S. (Anegada being the furthest north of the archipelago).
- Significant savings can be had if shipping from Florida or elsewhere in the southeastern United States.
Anegada is the northernmost of the British Virgin Islands and gets its name, “drowned land” because it is only 28 feet above sea level at its highest point. It is home to Horseshoe Reef, the largest barrier reef in the Caribbean. Driving is the most popular way to navigate the island and the route is simple as there is only one roundabout around the entire island. There are taxis available, but minimal public transportation, so having your own vehicle is probably the safest and most reliable way to get around. It is important to first obtain a quote from a reliable auto transport company prior to making shipping and travel arrangements.
Upon arrival in Anegada, the first stop for your vehicle will be the customs department. At this point, you will need to pay the duty fees of 20% of the vehicle’s value, as determined by the Commercial Invoice/Bill of Sale or if the vehicle is used, an internationally verified source, such as the Kelley Blue Book.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After your vehicle clears customs, it will need to undergo an extensive inspection at the Department of Motor Vehicles. If it does not pass, you will not be able to license your car in the British Virgin Islands. Please ensure the following systems are in decent condition, good working order, and fully operational prior to shipping your vehicle.
- Head Lights.
- Brake Lights.
- Parking and Rear License Plate Light.
- License Plates.
- Emergency Hand Brakes.
- Tires (including spare)
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle to Anegada.
There are a number of documents helpful in ensuring this transition can go as smoothly as possible. The following is a suggested list of items to have on hand:
- US Passport.
- Stateside Driver’s License.
- Commercial Invoice/Bill of Sale.
- Bill of Lading (provided by shipping company)
- Current Registration.
- Vehicle Title.
Import/export information and customs procedures are constantly changing, so it is in your best interest to always verify ahead of time what the current standard operating procedures are by contacting BVI Customs directly. Otherwise, your biggest asset will be a reliable and trustworthy auto transport company to help ensure the whole process moves along smoothly.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?