Moving to internationally can be a stressful time. When you need to have your personal car where you are, having it shipped should not cause you any stress. When you hire a reputable auto transporter you will have the peace of mind in knowing that your car will be taken care of and will arrive as fast as possible so that you’ll be able to enjoy driving yourself around without having to hire a driver. Moving your car to Bangalore will require certain documents and paperwork to be filled out for customs. You will also need to pay duty fees of typically more than 100% of the car value to customs in India. If you plan on shipping personal items with your car, you will need to know what customs regulations are on personal belongings as well. For more information on regulations for customs when entering Bangalore, India you can contact the Embassy Group in Bangalore.
Bangalore has modern roadways that are easily driven on. There are certain Motor Vehicle Regulations that you will have to abide by in order to bring your car into Bangalore, India. You will also need to provide specific documents. The documents required for customs checkpoint when your car arrives are:
- Original Bill of Sale
- Import License
- Car Insurance Policy
- Car Title and Registration
- Bill of Lading (BL)
- Duty Exemption Certificate if you have gotten one from the Ministry
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Some very important things to know are the following:
- Once your car arrives in Bangalore, you are required by Indian law to pick it up within 15 days if it is flown in and 30 days if it is shipped by sea
- You must pay duty fees unless you have Diplomatic status and have had the fees exempted by the Indian Ministry of Affairs
- All imported cars must have the steering wheel on the right
- If your car is new, it must be imported only from the country of origin (If you have an American made car it must ship from the U.S., if you have a German made car it must ship from Germany, etcetera)
For complete information on regulations that you will need to know about importing your car into Bangalore, you can contact the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
Your shipping agent will need your driver’s license, social security number, car title, proof of insurance and a signed Power of Attorney prior to setting up your car shipment.
How to Ship to Bangalore
Your shipping agent will work with you to make shipping your car as easy as possible. Relocating is a daunting enough situation in itself and worrying about how to ship your personal car should not be something to have to cause you to worry You have three ways to ship your car and will need to decide which one fits your needs the most. Ro-Ro Shipping allows your car to be driven onto the ship at the exit port and then driven off at the entry port in Bangalore. This is the most efficient way to transport your car internationally. You can also choose to Container Ship or Air Ship your car. With both Container Shipping and Air Shipping, you can also pack up personal belongings to be shipped along with your car. Your auto transport agent will be able to go over details with you on what you can ship to Bangalore and the space you will have to do so. The agent will also provide you with a detailed quote showing the total cost of shipping and what amount you will need to pay in advance as well as what needs to be paid when the car arrives in Bangalore. For further information on export regulations within the U.S. and documents or paperwork you will need prior to shipping to Bangalore, you may contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?