Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Bulgaria
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Bulgaria
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transporting a standard sized sedan to Bulgaria from the United States costs between $1,800 and $4,200 in most cases.
- If your vehicle is able to fit into a 20 foot shipping container, it’s not only cost-effective, but you can also ship other belongings with it.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Bulgaria
|New York, NY to|
(New York port) to Varna
|Los Angeles to|
(California port) to Burgas
|Las Vegas, NV to|
(California port) to Sofia
|Seattle, WA to|
(California port) to Plovdiv
|Columbus, OH to|
(New York port) to Varna
|Charlotte, NC to|
(New York port) to Rousse
|Chicago, IL to|
(New York port) to Varna
|Denver, CO to|
(California port) to Pleven
|Miami, FL to|
(New York port) to Dobrich
|Houston, TX to|
(California port) to Varna
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Bulgaria is a part of the European Union, and therefore, it follows the same rules as the other EU countries when it comes to the importation of cars. You will need to clear the vehicle through customs for Bulgaria, following all regulations; pay the value added tax for the vehicle; take out insurance; apply for verification of origin; have the vehicle inspected; test the roadworthiness; register your vehicle. While the import process is relatively the same for all EU countries, there are some specific rules and guidelines you will need to follow when importing/exporting your car into Bulgaria.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Bulgaria
Bulgarian Customs requires all motor vehicles that are being imported into the country to be declared on a temporary import basis. In addition, the owner must pay a “guarantee” for the vehicle in order for it to be imported through Customs. The amount of this guarantee depends on the car’s specs: year, make, model, year of first registration, bhp or kW of the engine, etc.
Note: If the car stays in the country for longer than a year, the temporary import will need to be renewed annually for the amount of time the car stays in Bulgaria.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Bulgaria
Just like with other EU countries, Bulgaria requires certain documentation before it can allow the importation process to begin. You will need to collect and present the following documents in order to import your vehicle into the country:
- Proof of registration.
- Proof of ownership.
- A valid visa.
- A Bulgarian national driver’s license.
- An international insurance policy.
Duties and Taxes
The amount of duties and taxes on an imported car differs depending on the car’s age, specifications, and country of origin. If the car is imported into the EU, it will not be subjected to import taxes, but if it is imported from outside the EU, the import duties could run upwards of 17% or more of the fair market value of the vehicle.
The standard value added tax (VAT) in Bulgaria is 20%. The VAT is calculated by determining the value of goods and adding in international shipping and insurance costs plus the import duty that may be due.
In addition, excise taxes may be added to the cost of importation if it is determined by the Bulgarian authorities after a vehicle inspection.
Note: Diplomats are allowed to import one vehicle completely tax and duty-free.
For more information regarding the taxes and duties on specific vehicles, please visit the Bulgarian Customs outline of vehicle specs that require duties.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Bulgaria
A1 Auto Transport has been a leader in the transport industry for over 25 years. Our experience and easy access to the most durable shipping equipment has made us the go-to company for many national and international shipping customers. We have what it takes to safely deliver your heavy equipment or oversized cargo anywhere in the world. We even have trained and educated staff members that will guide you through the importation process to assure your cargo is accepted by Customs.
When it comes to the kinds of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to ship, we have no limits. Whether your cargo is super heavy or oddly large or shaped, we will have a solution. We’ll even disassemble the equipment if necessary so that we can make sure it fits onto the ship using the chosen transport method.
Examples of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We’re Able to Ship Overseas
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
No matter what type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you’re trying to ship, we will protect your transport further by adding on free insurance coverage. Our coverage may not protect the full value of your cargo but we offer additional insurance packages.
The Four Ways to Ship Your Cargo Internationally through A1
We have four different overseas transport methods available to our customer depending on what type of cargo they’re shipping to Bulgaria. Of course, these options vary in style as well as price. Our customer service representatives will assist you with your choices but here is a little description of what each one entails…
- Lift On/Lift Off or more commonly called LoLo shipping, is one of the more popular forms of international transport. This method lifts your cargo using a crane to put it on and take it off of the ship.
- Roll On/Roll Off is also known as RoRo Shipping. It is the cheapest way to transport heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another nation. Your equipment or large vehicle must roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp and therefore, must be operable.
- Flat Rack shipping secures your cargo to a flat rack or metal frame and then places it on the top of the ship. In case of poor weather conditions, your cargo may be protected with shrink wrap.
- Container shipping isn’t available for all oversized cargo unless it can fit into a 40ft container. This is the most secure form of transport but it does cost more. It will protect your cargo from outdoor elements such as bad weather or criminal activity.