The second largest city in Denmark, Aarhus is situated on the Jutland peninsula about 116 miles from Copenhagen. If you are moving here from USA, it is best to import your vehicle along with the household goods.
However, you have the option of importing it temporarily or permanently. Thus, all you need to do is contact A1 Auto Transport service and apply for the requisite permits.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you are working at a temporary job or are a student, you can get the vehicle here temporarily. That does not incur the taxes. The benefit of temporary import is that you have your own vehicle for as long as you are in Aarhus. Some of the needed documentation includes:
- Vehicle title deed.
- Proof of visa/length of stay.
- Import fee of DKK 400 and receipt of payment.
Permanent Vehicle Import.
This is usually the norm that people import the vehicle permanently when they are returning to their home country, or are here on a long-term basis. The permanent import requires you to get the vehicle registered within 14 days of import to Denmark. After the vehicle arrives in Aarhus, the steps to get the vehicle register include:
- Vehicle has to pass an inspection before it can be registered at the government approved inspection center.
- Danish Register of Motor Vehicles will complete an evaluation of the vehicle. You need to keep the receipt that will allow you to drive legally.
- Pay the registration tax based on the price evaluation and can be paid at the Motor registration offices.
- After registration tax is paid, you can apply for the license plate.
The Danish Register of Motor Vehicles offers a lot of information, as laws and regulations keep changing regularly. This is why it is important to know about the procedures before you start the process of shipment. However when you work with A1 Auto Transport service, there is no issues that we don’t cover and ensure that U.S Customs and Danish customs are cleared properly.
There are many ways of shipping a vehicle including driving it across or air shipping it but the most common methods include:
- Roll-On/Roll-Off: This is the most common way to ship across to Denmark. Your vehicle is driven on the ship deck and driven off it at the Port of Copenhagen. On board the freight ship, it is harnessed in place so that there is no damage during transit. It is the most affordable way of shipping the vehicle as only parking charges are applicable. However, only an empty vehicle can be shipped with all personal belongings, air conditioning gas removed from it.
- Container shipping: This is a safer and offers more security. Your vehicle along with personal belongings is put within twenty or forty feet containers and sealed for transit. If you are shipping a luxury vehicle or vintage car, this is the best way to transport it as it is protected against weather conditions. This is more expensive due to the extra layer of safety.
If you need to know more about the import regulations, duties and newly framed laws, please contact the Embassy of Denmark.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?