Ship Your Car To Or From Alicante, Spain
Alicante is a port and a city located on the Costa Blanca in Spain. It’s also the capital of the Alicante province and it’s located in the southern parts of the Valencian Community. It’s one of the historic ports in Spain. In case you intend moving here for work or personal reasons, you will need to have your vehicle with you. Though the public transportation is fairly good but you might be more comfortable if you have to move at your own timing.
Learn more about shipping to Spain.
If you want to ensure a seamless transit, you want to get the assistance of a professional company such as the A-1 Auto Transport service. You will have to provide the agent with quite a lot of information and documents such as the title deed of the vehicle, your driver’s license and social security number as well as the vehicle’s insurance policy. Spain doesn’t really require a lot of shipping preparations but there are some that you need to adhere to when you import your vehicle.
You need to prove that you were the actual owner of the vehicle for the last six months before the date of the import. The majority of the cars transported from the U.S. to Spain will cost about $1,500 to $3,800 in shipping expenses. If your vehicle is oversized the costs are usually a lot higher – the same goes if you pick specific shipping methods. The cheapest way to go is through a shipping container.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Adherence to EU Guidelines
The majority of the vehicles which are manufactured in different countries are allowed in Spain but you need to make certain adjustments. This is necessary so that you can conform to the vehicle specifications of Spain if you want to drive there. You need a Certificate Of Conformity for that matter, amongst the remaining documents, which include:
- Two tracings of the number of the vehicle’s chassis
- Insurance policy
- Original title as well as registration and bill of sale
- Proof of residency in the country
- Payment proof for the duties and the road tax
- Registration as well as title certificate
- Spanish driver’s license
- Personal ID
- Ownership proof
- Bill of lading
- Conformity certificate
There are three methods, two of which are generally the popular choice by most of the vehicle owners.
- RORO Shipping – this is the most commonly preferred option mainly because it is a lot cheaper than others. However, you won’t be able to transport your personal belongings but it’s also the quickest water-bound method.
- Container Shipping – Most of the people are using this option when they have additional items to ship or have a more luxurious vehicle that they need to protect from the debris and the elements.
- Air Shipping – this is usually not used that much even though it’s the quickest and safest way to go about it. However, it’s very expensive.
If you need any further information, do not hesitate to contact the Embassy of Spain in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?