The city of Ambovombe is located south of Madagascar and is the capital of the Androy Region. If you are moving to Madagascar, you may want to bring your vehicle with you for ease of traversing the city.
Thus, in order to successfully transport it here from U.S., you will need to hire an international auto shipping service that can help you with the rules and regulations so you can transport it legally. You will also need to choose a company that understands the fees and duties associated with shipping a vehicle. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have over twenty years of international shipping services, you will feel safe and secure in transporting.
Madagascar is located in the Western side of the Indian Ocean. It is an island that has approximately twenty-two million people living there. With breathtaking views and an abundance of wildlife variety, Madagascar has received good economic support from organizations that want to aid in the preservation of wildlife found there.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Import To Madagascar.
Since there are so many legalities surrounding importing to Madagascar, it may be more beneficial to hire a professional transporting service, like A1 Auto Transport Service to assist you in dealing with customs there. When you are ready to import your vehicle to Madagascar, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Driver’s license that is valid.
- Car Insurance – international.
- Original purchase invoice or commercial invoice for the vehicle.
You will also be in charge of shipping a vehicle to Ambovombe that is completely cleaned out and empty. You will need to:
- Empty the gas from the tank of the car.
- Remove the car battery.
- Remove any personal items out of the vehicle inside and in the trunk.
You may also want to make yourself aware of all the Madagascar Customs Authority regulations, associated with importing a vehicle. You will need to pay all duties and taxes which are based on the make, model, cost, and year of your vehicle. The cost is determined by the cost, insurance, and freight of the vehicle, (CIF) if your vehicle has been registered for under a year. The charge is around 118%. If the vehicle is not registered in your name for at least a year, then you won’t need to pay any duties for import.
Methods of Shipping.
When shipping a vehicle to Madagascar, you will have two different shipping methods to select from. One method is Roll On/ Roll Off while the other is container shipping. If you choose the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping, the vehicle you import will be placed on the deck of a freight ship where it will be safely harnessed for the duration of the trip. This method of shipping is the most affordable and the most chosen method of shipping.
Container shipping is another option that will also place your vehicle up on the deck of a freight ship. However, your vehicle will first be placed inside a container that is either 20 foot in size or 40 foot. This method of shipping is more expensive and intended for a luxury vehicle or to ship other items along with your vehicle.
There are two ports used most often for importing to Madagascar. These ports are Port of Toamasina and Port of Mahajanga. There are also other ports to consider, such as Port of Antananarivo, Port of Morondava, and Port of Toliaraa.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?