Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Bitola
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The scenic Bitola is the second largest and the oldest city in the country. It is the cultural, administrative and financial center in Macedonia. The Mediterranean climate, education and employment opportunities are big attractions and if you are moving to Bitola on a work/resident visa, you might consider importing your vehicle due to limited public transportation. As Macedonia is a landlocked country, all ocean bound freight shipping is done at the Port of Thessaloniki in Greece. Then the vehicle will be transported over land to reach Bitola.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Macedonian regulations related to auto imports.
However, it is important to consider the fact that all vehicles imported in Macedonia have to adhere to the government regulations that encompasses all vehicles including bicycles and buses. Some of these are:
- Original passport or copy of the passport is needed.
- S issued International driving license.
- Green Card/International insurance card.
- Clear title deed.
- Within 48 hours, you need to register with the local police station in Bitola after being in the city with your car.
- If you are going to be in Bitola for over 3 months, you will need to obtain an Entry visa before arriving in Macedonia.
- The entry tax is levied depending on the value of the vehicle, including the transit and import cost. The tax varies from 0.01% to 14.5%
As per the regulations under Macedonia Customs Administration, there is a lot of paperwork required to comply with the automobile regulations, irrespective of whether you are importing a used or new vehicle. The documents that you will have to submit include:
- Purchase invoice of the car (includes engine and chassis number model, year).
- Vehicle registration documents.
- Driving license of the owner.
- S Social Security number.
- If car is new, furnish the import license.
- Power of attorney if you cannot take the delivery of the vehicle.
Prepping the car for shipping.
To start with, you will need to hire a trusted shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Company that has over 20 years of experience in shipping vehicles worldwide. You will need a written estimate that is inclusive of all shipping costs and fees. Additionally, as the vehicle will have to be transported from Thessaloniki to Bitola by land, you will have to build in the cost unless you plan on doing that on your own. Although the rules for importing to Macedonia aren’t too stringent but the fact remains that adherence to the government requirements are needed. You will need to discuss it with A1 Auto Transport Company about the prerequisites of shipping your vehicle to Bitola.
The cost of shipping your vehicle to Macedonia depends upon different factors including the weight of the car, method of shipping and port to port costs. Apart from that you will have to factor in the custom duties and other taxes levied by the Macedonian government. Another aspect that will influence cost will be whether you need the shipping service to make a home delivery of the vehicle or you will collect the vehicle on your own.
The total cost will depend upon whether you select RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off method where the car is driven on the ship directly and driven off at the port of destination. It is inexpensive as compared to air shipping or even freight container shipping. While container shipping is good for luxury vehicles that need higher protection and that is why it is more expensive. The car is put and secured inside a 20 feet or 40 feet container along with other household goods that you need shipped. Your car and goods are protected from the harsh weather.
It is important to heed to all shipping requirements as per the shipping laws and the regulations in Macedonia. If you need more information on the import laws and regulations, contact the Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Washington.