Ship Your Car To Or From Callao, Peru
Callao is the main seaport of Peru and is known as the Provincia Constitucional. It is the only province situated in the Callao Region. It is a part of the Lima Metropolitan Area. It borders the Province of Lima on the north, east, south and on the west, is the Pacific Ocean.
Exporting a car to Peru includes procedures that have to be researched as well as prepared for in advance. If you are looking to get a perspective on the cost, you need to know that most of the shipping costs would fall in between the range of $2,200 and $4,100. These estimates usually reflect the cost of a standard sized vehicle which is transported in a regular shipping container. That’s why you need to make sure that everything is handled as per the highest standards and engage the services of an international auto shipper such as A-1 Auto Transport. We have been in business for years and understand all aspects of shipping to Peru apart from other South American countries. With a strong network of dynamic shipping agents all over the world, we assure you of the best service and hassle free transportation.
Essential Documentation to Submit
Before your vehicle exits U.S port, there are plenty of documents that have to be submitted and cleared by the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency. Only after you get the clearance, the date is fixed to transport the vehicle. Similarly the Peru Customs Agency will need the requisite documents before it is cleared for import. The documents that you will need include:
- Identification number of the vehicle
- Type-approval number
- Commercial Invoice
- Bill of Lading
- Insurance Policy
- Customs declaration
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It’s important to understand that Peru restricts the import of cars which are older than 5 years of age and have more than 50,000 miles on them. Usually, you can expect to pay an average of about 10% on all new vehicles. If the vehicle is used, the taxes can amount to about 30%. The taxes are calculated based on the imported value of the car as well as the insurance charges. There are certain additional requirements which include:
- The car needs to be initially constructed with the steering wheel on its right side
- The car needs to pass emissions testing
- The car needs not to be damaged or to have been in a major car accident
It might be tempting to drive your car on your own, but that’s impossible because there is no road which connects Panama and Columbia. Even if you choose to drive it, you would still have to put the car on a boat for the passing. Choosing to work with the A-1 Auto Transport service is going to ensure that everything is handled as per the highest industry standards and that everything is hassle-free. There are two types of shipping methods:
- Roll-on/Roll-off is commonly used, because it’s cheaper and quicker than the alternative. However, you have to empty your vehicle entirely and be aware that it’s going to be exposed to the elements.
- Container shipping – this is the more convenient option but it’s more expensive. Despite this, it should be preferred if you have an expensive vehicle or additional goods to ship.
For any further details or updates on the current laws pertaining to vehicle import to Peru, you can contact the Embassy of Peru in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory