Benguela is located in western Angola, just south of Luanda, the capital of Benguela Province. If you are considering moving to Benguela for work, education, or as a diplomat, you will want to import your vehicle with you so you can travel about with ease.
There are some definite rules and regulations that must be followed when importing.
Angola and the United States have a good relationship when it comes to importing. Make sure that you have all the documents with you and signed before your shipping date is set up. However, diplomatic vehicles are imported tax-free.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping Regulations to Angola.
One of the countries that require inspections of used vehicles before they are shipped is Angola. You are responsible for getting that done before you have your vehicle shipped. Your professional shipping service, A1 Auto Transport Service will assist you every step of the way from preparing the paperwork to picking up your vehicle from customs. A1 Auto Transport Service has over twenty years of shipping service. You will need to have the following documentation for A1 Auto Transport Service:
- Shipping terms and conditions.
- Proof of ownership.
- Bill of Lading.
- Cartao de Contribuinte (tax card).
- Insurance Certificate.
- PIP number that is allocated to the importer.
- VIN Number, engine number, chassis, manufacturing year.
- Purchase Invoice.
You will also need to provide the right documentation for those who are working at the Angolan General Tax Administration (AGT). You will also need to follow the rules and regulations from the U.S Customs and border protection. The essential documents are:
- Bill of sale.
- a clear title deed.
- A lien release from the lender, if you have a lien on the vehicle.
- pay import duties and fees.
Procedures are different internationally so be sure you are aware of any differences between the two ports. You can contact the Angola Embassy in the U.S for further information. You are only allowed to import vehicles that have completed 3 years from manufacture and if you are here on a temporary stay, you can have your vehicle imported on a 2 year permit and need to pay on a bond that is about 40% to 45% of the CIF value. But vehicles that you have imported permanently have to pay VAT of 10% and import duty of 45%.
You will need to determine what type of shipping method works for you. There is the Roll On/ Roll Off method and the container shipping method. When you choose the RORO method, you will need to completely clean out your vehicle and steam clean it too. You may also want to choose the container shipping if you are shipping a luxury vehicle or if you want to ship your personal items with your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?