Barka is one of the coastal cities in the northern parts of Oman and it’s an emerging tourist resort. Keep in mind that the process of shipping a vehicle to the country of Oman might appear challenging but having an agent like the A1 Auto Transport service on your side is going to make it rather seamless.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Keep in mind, however, that Oman has a rather strict legislation when it comes to importing vehicles and you need to abide by them. All foreign people are allowed to import a car only after they’ve fulfilled a lot of special requirements which include:
- If there is an IPR (International Passage Register) the foreigner is only allowed to import the vehicle for no more than 6 months.
- US Citizens can only import a vehicle once and the vehicle can’t be older than 7 years.
- If there is no IPR you can only bring the car for 3 months and then you have to export it back.
Apart from the aforementioned stringent regulations, you would also have to deliver the following documents for verification to the Oman Customs Department:
- Driver’s License issued in the US.
- Registration documentation of the car.
- IPR or an Import Permit.
- Title deed as well as the license plates in copies.
- Insurance policies for Oman.
The amount of time for which you can import your car is based on whether you have an IPR or not. Furthermore, if you can get it, you can actually extend the status of the import. This is why it’s particularly important to talk with our shipping agents or directly with the Customs Department in Oman. They will provide you with the necessary information.
When you go ahead and count the total expenses for the shipping, you would also have to account for shipping method that you pick. There are two options in front of you – RORO and Container Shipping. Both are appropriate but you need to make your decision based on your preferences and requirements.
A1 Auto Transport recommends the usage of the Roll On/Roll Off shipping method because you would only have to pay for the space which is occupied by the empty vehicle. However, when you use container shipping you would also have to pay for a 20ft or a 40ft shipping container. While it offers more convenience, if you have no personal belongings to ship with your vehicle, RORO is the obvious and more convenient choice. It’s faster and cheaper as there are fewer checkpoints to be undergone. In any case, the choice should be based on your particular preferences. Should you have any other questions, you might want to contact the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?