Ship Your Car To Or From Cambridge, UK
Situated on the River Cam, known as the city of Cambridgeshire, England, Cambridge is located about fifty miles, north of London. If you plan to visit, work, or get an education in Cambridge, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you so you can see all that Cambridge has to offer. Then importing your vehicle to Cambridge for the United States, you will not run into any language barriers, so communication should be good at all times.
Learn more about shipping to United Kingdom.
Specific Import Laws of United Kingdom
In order to bring your vehicle to the Cambridge, you will need to be sure that your vehicle meets the rules and regulations of the Road Vehicle Regulations of 1989. If you are importing your vehicle for a permanent move, you will have a different set of rules to follow in order to ensure that your vehicle is meets the emission and safety regulations. There are specific regulations in United Kingdom which are different from European Union and detailed information is available as per the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme.
You will be responsible for paying all duties and taxes as well as the VAT that must be paid on imported vehicles. There are exemptions that may apply to you if your vehicle is eligible. These exceptions include:
- You are moving to the United Kingdom on a permanent basis
- You are importing a vehicle back to the United Kingdom after exporting it out previously
- You are a U.S citizen and are coming to the United Kingdom for more than six months in Birmingham.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and duties are to be paid prior to your vehicle being shipped. The import duties will be figured at 17.5% and a customs duty will cost about 10%, if you have not owned a vehicle for at least six months and you plan to keep the vehicle for at a year after arriving in the UK. You will need to show proof to that you have lived in the U.S for a period of at least six months and your vehicle has been legal for the duration of that time.
Payment of Taxes
If you are not exempt from paying import duties, you will need to be prepared to pay your taxes and duties as soon as your vehicle is in the United Kingdom. You will need to notify the HM Revenue and Customs, HMRC. If the VAT is not paid, you could be charged additional fees and penalties. Additionally, you will need to fill the online form for Notification of Vehicle Arrivals.
To legalize and validate your import, you will need to gather up the documents required to transport a vehicle. These documents include:
- Insurance certification
- Title to the vehicle
- Emissions certification and safety inspection certification
- Bill of Lading
- Proof of ownership – Passport/Photo ID/Driver’s license
You can ship the vehicle using the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping. A1 Auto Transport can work with you in order to prepare your vehicle for this type of shipping. You can contact A1 Auto Transport Service to find out more about transporting your vehicle.
It is important to have the ‘vehicle import pack’ which can be sourced from the Driver And Vehicle Licensing Agency. In case, your vehicle is over 10 years old at the time of import, you might want to know the restrictions before you import it. Before you are allowed to drive the vehicle, it needs to be registered and insured. To get more information about vehicle import to United Kingdom, you can talk with one of the business representatives at A1 Auto Transport service.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?