- Car Shipping Algeria
- Ship Your Car To Or From Algeria
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Algeria
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Algeria
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Algeria
- Other Rules
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Algeria
- Shipping Methods For Heavy Equipment And Oversized Cargo
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Algeria
Ship Your Car To Or From Algeria
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Standard vehicles can be shipped to Algeria somewhat affordably, relative to other nearby countries.
- The cost generally falls between $1,200 and $3,500 based on the vehicles type and exact pick up and delivery locations.
- Taxes and tariff, however, are each levied at around 15% of the value, which adds to the total cost.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Algeria
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Oran||$350||$3,800||5+35 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Algiers||$400||$3,200||5+26 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Algiers||$450||$3,800||5+38 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Algiers||$550||$3,800||6+38 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Algiers||$675||$3,200||6+26 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Algiers||$700||$3,200||6+26 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Oran||$775||$3,800||7+35 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Algiers||$800||$3,200||6+26 days|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Algiers||$1,075||$3,200||7+26 days|
|Houston, TX to (California port) to Algiers||$1,125||$3,800||8+38 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Recently, Algeria made a push to try to keep investment and capital within the borders of the country. That being said, new regulations have been put into place that makes it more expensive to import/export cars into Algeria from foreign countries. Under the new regulations, locally produced cars are eligible for tax breaks; whereas foreign cars are not. However, the foreign car companies can still make money in Algeria and are eligible for the same tax breaks if they manufacture the vehicles in the country.
In any case, if you do still want to import your car into Algeria, there are some regulations and guidelines you will need to follow in order to ensure safe and lucrative importation.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Algeria
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
In Algeria, the duties for automobiles are extremely high. There is a 15% tariff on all motor vehicles and a 17% VAT for all vehicles. The government brought the duties and tariffs down to more acceptable levels set by the World Trade Organization. Before, tariffs reached upwards of 110% on luxury items.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Algeria
If you’re going to import/export your vehicle, you will need to collect and present the following documents at the time of
arrival in Algeria:
- Original title and registration of the vehicle.
- Original purchase invoice.
- Import license (only for non-Algerian citizens)
- Non-sale certificate (must be in French, must have three copies)
In order to ensure road safety in Algeria, imported cars must be in line with quality, safety, and emissions regulations in place. In addition, manufacturers must also provide after-sale services and an availability of car parts in-country. They must guarantee that the part can be received in no more than thirty days from the date of the request.
In addition to the regulations above, there are some other more specific rules that are unique to Algeria. For instance, the acceptance of hard currency for automobiles is no longer allowed. The Algerian government stopped this back in 1990, but it is still in effect today. Additionally, only war veterans and returning migrant workers are allowed to import cars as private citizens into Algeria.
Foreign companies and non-citizens can import vehicles as well, but they are subject to higher tariffs and duties than citizens of Algeria. All cars must be less than three years old at the time of import, and all imported cars are subject to strict inspection standards.
For more information on the laws and regulations regarding importing goods into Algeria, please visit the official Algerian website.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Algeria
Shipping heavy equipment or oversize cargo from the U.S. to Algeria is made possible with the professionals at A1 Auto Transport. We can ship nearly any type of oversized cargo overseas with our years of experience and access to the right transport technologies and equipment. We will make sure you comply with all foreign import policies held by the nation to guarantee it’s admittance. We will also ensure a safe delivery using state-of-the-art transport equipment, tools and haulers.
There aren’t necessarily any specified dimensions for heavy equipment. However, it is safe to assume that if your cargo is extremely heavy or cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container, it is likely considered as heavy equipment or oversized cargo which means it will need to be shipped accordingly. Some of the equipment we’re able to ship includes:
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
If you’re not sure what your cargo is considered and would like to know if it is considered “heavy equipment” then call into speak with a representative at A1 Auto Transport. Our professionals are always available during business hours to take your call.
Shipping Methods for Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo
Of course, the shipping methods offered to you will depend on the type of heavy equipment you’re trying to ship to Algeria. Nevertheless, we have four different shipping options that can be used to safely deliver large equipment overseas. Here is a brief description for each of our services…
- Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo): This is the cheapest shipping method seeing as it does leave your cargo exposed to outside elements. With this method, your large motorized vehicle or piece of equipment is rolled on the ship with the help of a ramp and is rolled off the ship in the same manner. If you’re worried about exposure to bad weather and other outdoor elements, opt for a better insurance package to protect the full value of your cargo.
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo): This method of transport uses the help of a crane to lift your cargo onto the ship as well as off of the ship. This method is mostly recommended to those with crated heavy equipment or inoperable large vehicles.
- Container Shipping: Although container shipping isn’t usually available to everyone shipping oversized cargo, it does provide more security against outside elements by enclosing your cargo inside four walls and a ceiling. This method tends to be slightly more expensive due to it’s added protection.
- Flat Rack: This method of transport is open to all those shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo. By using a large metal frame similar to that of a shipping container, the equipment is tightly fastened to the rack before being placed on top of the ship for its delivery.