Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Braila
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The city of Braila is located in the eastern Romania and it is a port on the Danube River. It is also the capital of the Braila County and is currently the 11th most populated city in the country. Having your own personal vehicle is without a doubt greatly beneficial as it’s going to make your transportation a lot easier and faster.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is a lot of tedious paperwork that you will have to take care of and some of the documents are required by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Customs Department of Romania and they include:
- Registration of the car.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Work or residence permit.
- Title deed free of liens.
- Bill of Lading.
- Ownership Proof.
It’s important to consult and check with an experienced shipping company like the A1 Auto Service as there might be some restrictions and limitations on the import. We are going to make sure to assist you through every step of the way in order to ensure a hassle free process, free of any potential complications. Among the important aspects of the auto shipment, it is necessary to know that you need to have owned the vehicle for the last 6 months prior to the import.
Our company is going to help you figure out the budget for the process. There is a 24% VAT on imports and a maximum duty of 17% as per the Romanian Customs Authority. The more expensive your vehicle is, the higher theses costs are going to be. However, the method of shipping is also important. With this in mind, you can take your pick between two methods:
- RORO: This is by far the cheapest and yet the fastest water-bound transportation option. You won’t be allowed to place any personal belongings and your car would be exposed to the elements throughout the shipping process. You can only leave the spare keys, floor mats, spare tire and a car jack in the vehicle.
- Container Shipping: Your car is going to be safely stored within an enclosed container. You can go for 20ft or 40ft container based on your needs and you could also pack it with other personal belongings as long as they are not prohibited by the country.
If you manage to adhere to the proper regulations and laws which govern this particular process you are going to ensure a safe and timely transportation. You might want to take a look at the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations for further information. Once the vehicle has arrived you are going to have to get the license plates changed and apply for a Romanian driving license. You would also have to familiarize yourself with the local traffic regulations. To get the latest updates on the current import laws, you can call in at the Embassy of Romania.