Asmara is the largest settlement and the capital of Eritrea and is in central part of Maekel region. It’s located on an escarpment tip forming the northwestern edge of both Eritrean Highlands as well as Ethiopian Rift Valley.
Shipping vehicles to this small East African country involves complex procedures and that is why you need to ensure that you work with a shipping service that has prior experience dealing with the Customs and other government agencies. At A1 Auto Transport service, we are one of the best shipping services with over 20 years of expertise in auto transportation. If you intend shipping to Asmara, give us a call.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As compared to USA, the use of public transport is difficult in Asmara, Eritrea for foreigners and that is why it is much easier and safer to have your own vehicle with you. Before you can actually get your vehicle inside the country, you need to follow certain rules and regulations as well as submit the necessary documents. Depending upon the shipping company means that they will prepare the documentation without you taking on the associated worries. The major requirements that you should know about include:
- SABS authority letter for importing second-hand cars.
- Employment proof.
- African residency proof.
- Vehicle title and registration.
- Employment or study visa.
Terms of shipping and driving.
You will have to prove the ownership of your vehicle as well or as your purpose of coming to Asmara in clear terms. For this, submission of these above papers is mandatory. After importing your car, you will require a safe and secure garage to keep your vehicle at home as thefts are not uncommon. When out on the roadways it is extremely important to follow the traffic rules and regulations. Thus, you might be interested in reading more about driving in Eritrea. When it comes to shipping the cars, there are two major methods available to the owners. These are,
- RORO method: the roll on roll off method is the more popular and the cheaper of the two. The ships related to the transfer of the cars have ramps fitted to facilitate the movement of the vehicle on the deck. Here, the vehicle will remain chained for the length of the journey. The associated payments will depend upon the area occupied by the car during this time. It is important to steam clean your vehicle in this mode of transport to prevent quarantine issues. At the destination, the vehicle will come down the ramp and you should be there to receive. In case you are unable to come yourself authorize some other person to be at the port.
- Container shipping method: here you can choose between a 20 feet and 40 feet container. This method is ideal for transferring sophisticated vehicles to Asmara, Eritrea. Here you can keep personal belongings along with the car inside the container. While this is more expensive, you can distribute the costs among co-vehicle owners by sharing the containers.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?