Cumbernauld is a new town in Scotland which is situated in the North Lanarkshire district. It was created back in 1956 as a suburb of Glasgow. It is currently the eighth most populous settlements in the country. There are plenty of opportunities for returning citizens, workers or students in here.
It would definitely be best for you to enjoy the freedom of having your own vehicle imported. This is why you might want to consult with the A1 Auto Transport Service for a hassle-free import process. Scotland is part of the UK and the laws are the same. The main regulations are the Road Vehicle Regulations from 1986 and the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations from 1989
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Scotland has similar laws and it’s important to abide by the environmental clauses of the UK apart from getting approved by the acting Individual Vehicle Approval Scheme. You would also have to take care of a lot of taxes and fees that have to be cleared when you ship your car to the city. It is important to understand that VAT would be imposed on imported vehicles. The amount of the other taxes is going to be based on different specifications such as engine size, emissions and other. However, there are a few exemptions that you might be qualified for such as:
- Moving to the city on a permanent basis.
- Importing a vehicle that was exported from the country.
- Importing a car for less than 6 months.
To check for these exemptions you are going to file a necessary form at the HM Revenue and Customs and check out if you qualify. If you intend to ship a vehicle older than 10 years from the USA you’d have to adhere the toe laws of the Department of Transport and fill in a Vehicle Import Pack as there are stringent regulations on used vehicles in Scotland.
Require Documentations and Procedures.
It’s important to notify the HM Revenue and Customs as this is a part of the entire procedure and you have to do it through a Notification of Vehicle Arrivals. In addition, you would have to submit a conformity certificate and if your car has a left-hand wheel you have to have the Certificate of Mutual Recognition. Your vehicle is going to be considered a part of your household if you move here permanently and there is no VAT that you’d be subjected to but you have to meet these criteria:
- Permanently relocating to Scotland.
- Have been residing within the USA for a year.
- You are the owner of the car.
- Vehicle is clear of liens.
- Won’t sell it for a year.
There are other documents that you’d be required to submit to the U.S. Customs and to the HM Revenue and Customs in Scotland:
- Title and registration.
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
However, there might be other details or changes in the import law that you might need to know. It is best to call in the United Kingdom Consulate in USA, before you start the process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?