Ship Your Car To Or From Scotland.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The average cost of shipping a car to Scotland from the United States generally falls between $2,500 and $5,200 for a standard sized car.
- Large vehicles, especially those that do not fit into a shipping container cost more to ship.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, so if you decide to import your vehicle into Scotland, you will need to adhere to all of the policies regulated by the UK. The first two requirements are specific regulations that must be met by the vehicle:
The vehicle must also comply with environmental and safety guidelines. The easiest and most straightforward way to do this is to use the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme and follow the steps given at this website.
Once the vehicle is shipped to Scotland, you will be subject to customs duties and taxes, and using the vehicle specifics, you can easily compute the total here.
Learn more about vehicle registration process in Scotland.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Scotland.
- Bill of lading or air waybill.
- Shipping declaration.
- Work permit.
- C104A or appropriate import form.
Most individuals who ship vehicles into Scotland are also subject to the Value Added Tax (VAT), which is due prior to shipping the vehicle. Only those who fall into a few specific categories can possibly have this additional fee waived. Exemptions may be given if:
- You are permanently moving to Scotland.
- You are importing a previously exported Scotland vehicle.
- You are a non-European Union member and you don’t intend to stay longer than 6 months (this is known as temporary admission relief)
In order to determine the amount of your VAT, or to find out if you qualified to have the duties and taxes waived, complete the “Notification of Vehicle Arrival” service online here which is the website for HM Revenue and Customs.
It is also extremely helpful and will ensure the process of shipping your vehicle to Scotland is smooth one if you complete a “Vehicle Import Pack” from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) on the Department of Transport website.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The DVLA is similar to the DMV in the US and will also be the agency you contact if you would like to ship a vehicle over 10 years of age since there are restrictions placed on older vehicles.
Finally, ensure you select a reputable auto transport company to help you through this process. Shipping a vehicle internationally can be both daunting and intimidating, but with the right knowledge, resources, and partner, the whole procedure can go off without a hitch.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?