Situated on the Ilek River, the panoramic city of Aktobe is in Kazakhstan and it is the administrative hub of the Aktobe district. With natural oil and gas reserves, plenty of American and German companies have joint ventures here and that is one of the reasons for the rising number of expatriates calling this Kazakhstan town as their home.
Newly modified and stronger laws now govern the import and export while the whole process has become more organized than before. In case you are moving here and want to transport your own vehicle, it is best to call in the expert services of A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Validation of documents.
You need to understand the process and ensure that the complete documentation for verification and validation of the vehicle export from USA meets the requirements of U.S Customs. However, a similar set of documents will need to be submitted to the Kazakhstan Customs Authority because they will need to clear the vehicle before it reaches the border. These include:
- Car title deed.
- Registration documents of vehicle with U.S license tags.
- Proof of ownership.
- Bill of Sale of the vehicle with details on engine number, VIN, make, model.
- Kazakhstan work permit/visa.
As it is an international import, you need to abide by the special regulations of the government. It is important that the:
- Vehicle is less than 5 years old.
- Various duties and import cess is calculated on the basis of the year, model and make of the vehicle.
- The standard VAT is about 12% while the import duty varies from 10% to 40%.
- Imported vehicle cannot be sold.
- Engine volume of the vehicle cannot be more than 3 liters.
- Local driving license needed after 6 months of import.
You will need to get the requisite permits and approvals before the vehicle can be registered and you can get the license plates. It is best to know more about the driving rules and traffic requirements as they may be different from the regulations in USA.
Additionally, before A1 Auto Transport offers you a FREE written quote on the shipment, you will need to select the best method of shipment. Your options include Container shipment and Roll-on/Roll-Off method. Though both use ocean-bound freight ships for transportation, RORO is cheaper than container shipping. In RORO, your vehicle is driven on the deck and secured in a parking bay while in container shipping the vehicle is secured within a large 20 feet or 40 feet enclosed shipping container that is exclusively for your vehicle. The extra layer of protection makes the method more secure. In RORO you cannot put your personal items but in the container shipping, you are allowed to ship anything that is not illegal in Kazakhstan.
It is best to be aware of changing laws and regulations related to vehicle shipping before you actually ship it out. Contact the Embassy of Kazakhstan for more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?