- Car Shipping Baku
- Procedures For Import Of Vehicles
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Baku
- Importation Rules In Azerbaijan
- Methods Of Shipping
Car Shipping Baku
The largest city in Azerbaijan, Baku is the capital and is situated on the shore of the Absheron Peninsula. It is the industrial scientific and cultural center of the nation as many companies have their headquarters here. If you are returning citizen, on a work permit or planning to stay in the beautiful country on a long term basis, it helps to have your own personal vehicle with you at all times.
At A1 Auto Transport service, we have the resources along with a dynamic network of shipping agents and established delivery routes to make global auto transportation a breeze. Whether you are moving to Baku, due to military reasons, are an expatriate or are on a long vacation, we can deliver your car anywhere in Azerbaijan.
Procedures for import of vehicles
Baku's transportation and road network have been upgraded during the past decade thanks to the city's oil growth. The city's roads are in good condition, making travel a breeze. Drive your vehicle to the closest U.S. port or arrange for one of our agents to pick it up from you. When bringing a car into Baku, you'll need to fill out a lot of paperwork and follow a lot of rules. We can help you through the necessary steps and clear customs at both the origination port in the United States and the final destination port in Baku.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Baku
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Baku||$200||$4200||5+39 days|
|Baku to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$400||$4000||5+26 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Baku||$475||$4200||6+39 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Baku||$550||$4200||6+39 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Baku||$575||$4000||6+26 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Baku||$700||$4000||6+26 days|
|Baku to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$4200||7+39 days|
|Baku to (New York port) to Memphis, TN||$800||$4000||6+26 days|
|Baku to (New York port) to Miami, FL||$925||$4000||7+26 days|
|Baku to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$4200||7+39 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Importation rules in Azerbaijan
There are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled as per the Motor Vehicle regulations in Azerbaijan Custom Office. Some of these include:
- If you are in Baku or any other city for long term basis but not permanently, you are only allowed to have your personal vehicle for maximum of two years. The customs authority will give a valid license for one year which can be renewed for the next year.
- For temporary usage of vehicles, there is no taxes
- You can only import one car for the whole family
- If all taxes and fees have been cleared, you can sell the vehicle
- Cars/vehicles with tinted windows are not allowed. You will need to get the windows changed or the decal removed before shipping.
- Bill of sale and title deed of the vehicles
Additionally, some of the documents that are needed for shipping include:
- Social security number and card
- Driving license
- Original car title
- Bill of Lading
- Bill of sale
Methods of shipping
Although there are three methods of shipping, two of these include ocean bound vessels while the other is air shipping. The common methods are transporting the vehicle by sea as air transportation is exorbitantly expensive. The common methods are:
- RORO: Roll-on/Roll-Off which including driving the car to the ship deck where it is harnessed and secured for the trip. It is driven off at Baku. You cannot keep any personal belongings in it.
- Container shipping: It is more personalized and apart from your car you can pack your personal belongings in the enclosed containers that measure 20 feet or forty feet. It is good for luxury or vintage vehicles that need protection from the elements of nature.
If you’d like to get the latest on import of vehicles or require information on the specific documents, you can contact Azerbaijan Embassy and get more information.