Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The largest city in Azerbaijan, Baku is the capital and is situated on the shore of the Absheron Peninsula. It is the industrial scientific and cultural center of the nation as many companies have their headquarters here. If you are returning citizen, on a work permit or planning to stay in the beautiful country on a long term basis, it helps to have your own personal vehicle with you at all times.
At A1 Auto Transport service, we have the resources along with a dynamic network of shipping agents and established delivery routes to make global auto transportation a breeze. Whether you are moving to Baku, due to military reasons, are an expatriate or are on a long vacation, we can deliver your car anywhere in Azerbaijan.
In the last 10 years, the oil boom has improved the transportation and road network in the city of Baku. With well-maintained road in the city, it is easy to drive around. You will need to drive your car to the nearest U.S port or get it picked up by one of our business representatives. There are plenty of documentations to complete and regulations that you need to abide by when importing your vehicle to Baku. We will be able to assist you through the procedures and help clear customs at US port and at the port of destination at Baku.
Importation rules in Azerbaijan
There are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled as per the Motor Vehicle regulations in Azerbaijan Custom Office. Some of these include:
- If you are in Baku or any other city for long term basis but not permanently, you are only allowed to have your personal vehicle for maximum of two years. The customs authority will give a valid license for one year which can be renewed for the next year.
- For temporary usage of vehicles, there is no taxes
- You can only import one car for the whole family
- If all taxes and fees have been cleared, you can sell the vehicle
- Cars/vehicles with tinted windows are not allowed. You will need to get the windows changed or the decal removed before shipping.
- Bill of sale and title deed of the vehicles
Additionally, some of the documents that are needed for shipping include:
- Social security number and card
- Driving license
- Original car title
- Bill of Lading
- Bill of sale
Although there are three methods of shipping, two of these include ocean bound vessels while the other is air shipping. The common methods are transporting the vehicle by sea as air transportation is exorbitantly expensive. The common methods are:
- RORO: Roll-on/Roll-Off which including driving the car to the ship deck where it is harnessed and secured for the trip. It is driven off at Baku. You cannot keep any personal belongings in it.
- Container shipping: It is more personalized and apart from your car you can pack your personal belongings in the enclosed containers that measure 20 feet or forty feet. It is good for luxury or vintage vehicles that need protection from the elements of nature.
If you’d like to get the latest on import of vehicles or require information on the specific documents, you can contact Azerbaijan Embassy and get more information.