Shipping A Car To Benin
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Since Benin is a West African country, it’s always cheaper to ship from a port on the eastern seaboard of the U.S. In some instances, this may mean you have to first have your vehicle shipped to an appropriate port.
- You can expect costs to fall between $2,100 on the low end and $6,500 on the high end.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Benin
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Cotonou||$200||$4,100||5+65 days|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Cotonou||$275||$3,300||5+26 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Cotonou||$350||$4,100||5+65 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Cotonou||$400||$3,300||5+26 days|
|Las Vegas to (California port) to Cotonou||$450||$4,100||5+65 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Cotonou||$475||$4,100||10+65 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Cotonou||$575||$3,300||6+26 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Cotonou||$675||$3,300||6+26 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Cotonou||$700||$3,300||6+26 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Cotonou||$775||$4,100||7+65 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Benin is a beautiful country to relocate to. From the majestic temples and ruins to the spacious national parks and wildlife, Benin is one of the most extraordinary countries to live in. When you need to relocate your vehicle to Benin from the Unites States, there are a few things about the country that you should be aware of. Traffic can be very unpredictable, and while the major roadways are usually paved, most of the secondary roads are not. Be prepared to see livestock and many potholes in the roads, especially on the secondary roads. It is recommended to have a 4-wheel drive vehicle when traveling in Benin. When you’re ready to relocate your vehicle, you’ll need to ensure that you have the proper paperwork filled out and all of the necessary documents to accommodate the relocation.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Benin
Motor Vehicle Regulations in Benin
Having the correct paperwork and documents is necessary, but you also need to know the Motor Vehicle Regulations in Benin that are required for importing your vehicle. These are the required regulations:
- Taxes must be paid on all new vehicles. The rate of tax is determined by the total vehicle value, the make, and model, year, size and accessories on the vehicle.
- Must have Original Bill of Sale that includes the weight in kilograms, the engine and chassis serial numbers, the engine size, and the model and year of vehicle.
- Each individual is only allowed to import one vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Benin
- Signed Non-Sale Certificate that shows you will not be selling or transferring the vehicle to anyone else.
- Original Title and Vehicle Registration (original).
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Freight Invoice from the Shipping Agency.
- Certificate of origin.
To find out other documents that may be required for customs, you can contact the Benin Embassy in Washington, DC for more information.
Prior to Shipping Your Vehicle
Prior to shipping/exporting your vehicle you will need to make sure that you have a finalized quote from the transport agency that will detail the type of shipping/exporting you have chosen, all paperwork and documents that will be required, and what you will need to do to prepare your vehicle for shipping. The agent will also go over the different types of shipping available for the area that you are relocating the vehicle to, and the specifics on what you need to do to prepare your vehicle to be shipped as well as the cost of shipping and delivery if you need the vehicle to be picked up at your location or delivered when it reaches Benin. For more information on required customs paperwork and documents that you will need when shipping a vehicle to Benin, you can speak to your transport agent, or you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Types of Shipping
Air Cargo Shipping - Shipping by air is the fastest way to have your vehicle shipped to Benin. While shipping a car via air cargo is the more expensive route to go, for those who may have a luxury car, air freight is not only the quickest way to have your vehicle delivered but is also the safest way to ship.
Container Shipping - With container shipping your vehicle will be loaded into a container and then loaded onto the carrier ship. Container shipping is a great service for those who may have personal items they need to have shipped along with their vehicle. People can often opt to share a container with another person or can utilize a container just for their own vehicle and/or personal belongings.
Ro-Ro Shipping - Roll-On Roll-Off Shipping is the least expensive as well as the fastest way to ship overseas by carrier ship. Your vehicle will be driven directly onto the carrier ship and secured in place, and then driven off when it reaches the destination port.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Benin
The act of transporting cargo outside of the United States isn’t always so simple especially when you’re trying to ship large vehicles, heavy equipment or oversized cargo. That’s why most individuals in this situation decide to hire experienced international transporters for their assistance in this process. Luckily, overseas shipping services are quite affordable and A1 Auto Transport has various options for you to consider.
No matter what type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you have to ship to Benin, we are sure we have a solution. In our time, we’ve shipped countless types of cargo that meet the restrictions set for oversized cargo. Typically we consider any vehicle or piece of equipment that is substantially heavy or that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container as oversized or heavy meaning that there are certain ways it can be shipped depending on its specifications, dimensions and weight.
Types of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We Will Ship Overseas for Our Customers
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Asphalt Pavers
- Motor Graders
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Cranes and more
How to Choose a Transport Method for Your Heavy Equipment
Choosing a method of transport for your cargo isn’t as difficult as you might assume especially when you have the help of our experienced staff members when you call in to schedule. After you supply us with some details and information regarding your cargo, we will be able to better assist you with your shipping service options. Nonetheless, we offer four transport methods for those looking to ship heavy and oversized cargo overseas.
The Four Overseas Shipping Methods We Have to Offer
When you call A1 for shipping services, we will inform you of our options and what each one entails. However, to give you a little bit of an idea before you decide to call, below you will find a brief description of each transport method available.
- Container Transport- By enclosing your equipment within the walls of a shipping container, it will be safe from inclement weather and other potential outside hazards. Although this is the safest option, it is slightly more expensive.
- Flat Rack Shipping- Your cargo is secured to a flat rack or large metal frame to ensure its safety. This rack is lifted onto and off of the ship with your cargo attached.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping- This open air service is the cheapest option and requires that your large vehicle or piece of equipment is operable and able to roll onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping- This method is greatest for anyone transporting large, broken down vehicles and crated heavy equipment to another country. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto the ship as well as off of the ship.
Related Information & FAQs
- Feel relaxed knowing that your car can ship to Benin
- Information about shipping a car to Benin
- Transport professionals can ship a car to Benin from the US safely
- Things to know about international auto transport services to ship a car to Benin
- What you need to know about shipping your car to Benin
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org