One of the most populated cities in Denmark, Aalborg is an industrial town and is located in northern regions of Jutland. If you are planning a move to Aalborg in Denmark and want to bring your own vehicle, you have two choices.
If you plan to stay in Denmark permanently, you will need to import your vehicle and fill out all the necessary paperwork to have it registered. If you don’t plan to stay in Denmark permanently, you will need to submit a request that would allow you to bring your vehicle into Denmark without paying any fees.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Temporarily Importing your Vehicle.
If you plan to be working while in Aalborg, you will be able to bring your vehicle with you. There won’t be any taxes to pay or registration fees as long as your visit is temporarily. You will need to bring certain documentation with you when you arrive for the first time:
- The title to your vehicle.
- Show proof of your visa, which documents how long you plan to stay.
- Receipt of any payments made for importation fees of DKK 400.
Permanently Importing your Vehicle.
If you plan to be here for an indefinite amount of time, you will probably want to bring your vehicle with you. If you plan to permanently import your vehicle, you will have fourteen days of the day it is important to Denmark to register it. Once your vehicle is transported to Aalborg, you will need to follow these steps to get it legal to drive:
- Have your vehicle inspected by someone and have it pass inspection.
- Have a receipt of complete evaluation of your vehicle from the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles. You will need this receipt to drive legal.
- Obtain a license plate through the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles after you have paid the registration taxes.
The Danish Register of Motor Vehicles can provide you with unlimited information regarding the laws and the regulation of vehicle importing. Because the rules and regulations are constantly changing, you will want to contact the Danish Register of Motor Vehicles before you initiate the shipping process. A1 Auto Transport Service is always up-to-date on all U.S. and Danish Customers when importing vehicles.
The Shipping Process.
There are different ways to get your vehicle into Denmark. Here are some of the more common ways:
RORO: Driving your vehicle on a ship deck and then driving it off once it reaches the Port of Copenhagen (also known as Roll On/ Roll Off). Once the vehicle is driven onto the ship, it is held in place by harnesses so there won’t be any chances of it moving around and causing damage during the transit. This method is also the most affordable way to ship your vehicle to Denmark. When shipping your vehicle, it’s important to know that there cannot be anything in your vehicle – it must be completely empty; no air conditioning/gas left in it and no personal belongings.
Another option for transporting your vehicle is by container shipping. Your vehicle can be placed in large containers that measure twenty to forty feet and can be sealed up while in transit. All your personal belongings can also be placed in the car. Once the vehicle is placed in the container, it is then sealed and prepared for transport. During transport, no weather can get to your vehicle. This method of shipping is recommended if you are bringing a vintage car or a luxury vehicle as it provides more safety.
Please contact the Embassy of Denmark if you should have any questions regarding shipping a vehicle permanently or temporarily.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory