A port city, Alger or Algiers as it is known, is the capital of Algeria. It is located on the western bay of the Mediterranean Sea and has overcome political instability and economic backlash, to emerge as a cosmopolitan city.
With new regulations in place to enhance the economy of the country, Algeria has made it expensive to import vehicles from abroad. However, if you plan on shipping your car from a port in USA to Alger, the capital of Algeria, it is possible but a little more expensive. Additionally, you’ll be required to adhere to the stringent government regulations to enjoy having your personal vehicle here. To know more about the road transport imports, check out Ministry of Transport (Algeria).
However, it becomes important to engage the services of an international auto shipping services such as A-1 Auto Transport service that has years of experience helping transport cars and other vehicles worldwide. We will be with you at every step to ensure that you clear US customs and the transport authorities and Algerian customs at Algiers. It will help you gauge the cost that you will need to pay here. The duties and taxes on imported vehicle are extremely high and you will need to pay nearly 15% taxes on the car and there is an additional 17% Value-added tax (VAT) on the import of vehicles.
Clearing the US customs
The car shipping process starts at the US customs and the documentation is taken care of and filed by the international shipping company. The included documents are:
- Vehicle export declaration
- Shippers expert declaration
- Copy of the vehicle title
- Owner’s passport copy and details
After the car is shipped, you will need to show proof of ownership and other related documents before you can take the delivery of the vehicle in Algiers. You will need to show these documents:
- Original vehicle title, registration deed
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- For non-Algerian citizens, Import License
- In French, Non-sale certificate (3 copies)
Auto requisites in Algeria
To ensure that the vehicle adheres to the regulations in Algiers, it is important to have the required tests done for safety and emissions. The foreign manufacturers need to provide after sales service and spare parts as needed within 30 days. However, there are specific regulations for imported vehicles. Only migrant workers that are returning from abroad and war veterans are allowed to import vehicles as private citizens. Additionally, people are not allowed to accept cash for vehicles. There are a set of separate laws governing foreigners that want to import vehicles (less than 3 years old) at higher tax and import duties. Know more about the rules and custom duties at the Embassy of Algeria.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?