Car Shipping Alger
A port city, Alger or Algiers as it is known, is the capital of Algeria. It is located on the western bay of the Mediterranean Sea and has overcome political instability and economic backlash, to emerge as a cosmopolitan city.
With new regulations in place to enhance the economy of the country, Algeria has made it expensive to import vehicles from abroad. However, if you plan on shipping your car from a port in USA to Alger, the capital of Algeria, it is possible but a little more expensive. Additionally, you’ll be required to adhere to the stringent government regulations to enjoy having your personal vehicle here. To know more about the road transport imports, check out Ministry of Transport (Algeria).
However, it becomes important to engage the services of an international auto shipping services such as A-1 Auto Transport service that has years of experience helping transport cars and other vehicles worldwide. We will be with you at every step to ensure that you clear US customs and the transport authorities and Algerian customs at Algiers. It will help you gauge the cost that you will need to pay here. The duties and taxes on imported vehicle are extremely high and you will need to pay nearly 15% taxes on the car and there is an additional 17% Value-added tax (VAT) on the import of vehicles.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Alger
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Alger||$275||$2600||5+17 days|
|Alger to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$3400||5+30 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Alger||$450||$3400||5+30 days|
|Alger to (California port) to Portland, OR||$475||$3400||6+30 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Alger||$550||$3400||6+30 days|
|Alger to (New York port) to Columbus, OH||$550||$2600||5+17 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Alger||$575||$2600||6+17 days|
|Alger to (New York port) to Chicago, IL||$675||$2600||6+17 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Alger||$925||$2600||7+17 days|
|Alger to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$3400||7+30 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Clearing the US customs
The car shipping process starts at the US customs and the documentation is taken care of and filed by the international shipping company. The included documents are:
- Vehicle export declaration
- Shippers expert declaration
- Copy of the vehicle title
- Owner’s passport copy and details
After the car is shipped, you will need to show proof of ownership and other related documents before you can take the delivery of the vehicle in Algiers. You will need to show these documents:
- Original vehicle title, registration deed
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- For non-Algerian citizens, Import License
- In French, Non-sale certificate (3 copies)
Auto requisites in Algeria
To ensure that the vehicle adheres to the regulations in Algiers, it is important to have the required tests done for safety and emissions. The foreign manufacturers need to provide after sales service and spare parts as needed within 30 days. However, there are specific regulations for imported vehicles. Only migrant workers that are returning from abroad and war veterans are allowed to import vehicles as private citizens. Additionally, people are not allowed to accept cash for vehicles. There are a set of separate laws governing foreigners that want to import vehicles (less than 3 years old) at higher tax and import duties. Know more about the rules and custom duties at the Embassy of Algeria.