Ship Your Car To Or From Beau Bassin, Mauritius
Located in Mauritius, Beau-Bassin Rose-Hill is in the Plaines Wilhems District and is under the administration of the Municipal Council of Beau-Bassin Rose-Hill. It is on the western slope and a little south of Port Louis, which is also the capital of the country.
Learn more about shipping a car to Mauritius.
If you are relocating to the Mauritius from the United States, you will most likely want to bring the car you have now with you. When you weigh the cost between purchasing a vehicle once you reach the island and just bringing what you already have, you will most likely find that bringing your vehicle with you will still save you money. There are several ports in the United States that will serve as host for your departure to Mauritius. A1 Auto Transport Service is one of the most reliable companies for this task.
Documents Needed to Export a Vehicle to Beau Bassin
When you are ready to ship your vehicle to Mauritius, you will need to retrieve the necessary paperwork to successfully transport your vehicle without delay. Mauritius is an island that is somewhat remote in the Indian Ocean. If you want to ship a car there from the United States, you won't be able to do so very cheap. The cost will run somewhere between the price of $3,500 and $7,000, depending on a few factors. You will also need to figure in the cost of importing as well as taxes on importing too.
Some of the most common documents/paperwork required includes:
- Bill of Lading
- The original bill of sale of the vehicle
- Original title - Proof that you own your vehicle by showing the
- A current passport
- An import permit
- If your vehicle is currently financed when you move to Mauritius, you will need to obtain a certificate from the lien holder stating that they have no objection to you transporting the vehicle to the new location.
- A work/Residency permit
There are a few other requirements that are required with your import permit and must be applied for and accepted by the Ministry of Commerce and Cooperative. There is currently no duty imposed for importing vehicles to Mauritius. However, other requirements of Mauritius Revenue Authority include:
- Showing proof of the age of the car, of at least eighteen months and be no more than forty-eight months
- The original bill of sales and lading
- The cancellation of your current registration certificate
Different Modes of Shipping
Port Louis is able to accept vehicles that arrive by way of Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. The most affordable way of the two shipping options is through Roll On/ Roll Off, or RORO method. This is the most chosen way because not only is it affordable but it does what needs to be done and without any problems. If you are shipping a luxury vehicle or maybe an antique, you may want the added security and added protection found in the container shipping method. While this method does cost more, it does give your vehicle the added protection throughout the travels.
Steps to Be Taken Before Shipping
Once you decide that shipping your vehicle to Mauritius is the best option for you, and then you will need to begin preparing your vehicle for shipment. This process will include:
- Emptying your car of any personal belongings
- Fill the fuel tank up to one-quarter of a tank of gas
- Clean the vehicle both inside and out very thoroughly so that it will not be quarantined during the process
- Purchase transport insurance
- Walk with the shipping agent around the car so you can document any dents, scratches, or damages that are already on the vehicle prior to shipping.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.