Bafata is a town in the central region of Guinea-Bissau and it’s known for its wildlife. Brick-making is the main industry here and the city is the capital of the Bafata Region. It’s also the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bafata.
You are going to be well aware of the regulations in order to go through this lengthy process. If you follow the rules you would ensure a hassle-free and safe transport free of any delays. The shipping company is going to prepare the Bill of Lading after the car has been thoroughly put on board and it’s an essential shipping requirement. There is also a Shippers Export Declaration which is submitted with the US Customs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping your car from the US.
If you don’t have your car prepared you might prepare for delays which might take weeks. Your car is going to be inspected when it arrives in order to ensure the safety and legality of the process. Once you ship the car to the country there are only particular ports that would accept it – the one of Bissau and one of Bolama. You need to use transportation services to reach the inland destination.
There are a few documents that you’d need and they include:
- Vehicle Export Declaration APX. You have to submit this along with all the export information. You have to submit it to the customs of the US prior to the export date. You can send it with the SED. If you fail to submit it your car won’t be shipped.
- Title of vehicle.
- Copy of your photo ID.
- Social Security Number.
Now, keep in mind that you can fax all of the above but make sure that you do so in a clear and visible manner and ensure both sides of the documents are faxed. The customs regulations require adherence to all requirements before the vehicle can be shipped.
You have two basic options of shipment when you ship from U.S. You need to ensure that you have a budget in mind and the vehicle shipment requirements in mind before you select the method of shipment.
Roll on/Roll off: this is the cheapest one and you need to:
- Have only a ¼ of gas tank full.
- Fill out the required documentation and place a security seal on the vehicle.
- Don’t load any personal items.
- Someone has to roll the car on the ship so that the crew members can secure it.
Container shipping: if you plan to use this you would need:
- Provide all of the paperwork such as car title and insurance policy.
- Cars are the last loaded items and they face the doors of the container.
- Hire a flat-bed truck that will raise the car to the entrance of the container.
- The driver you hire would responsible for securing the car in the container.
- Ensure the container door is properly shut and secured.
Once the car reaches the destination you have to pay the taxes immediately to get clearance from the port. You will have to apply for a driver’s license and registration with the current authorities. You can contact the Embassy of Guinea-Bissau in Washington, DC for further information and assistance.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?