Bandar Seri Begawan is the capital and biggest city in the Sultanate of Brunei. Situated off the coast of Borneo, shipping to Brunei is comparatively easy. However, it is best that when you are moving your vehicle from USA to Bandar Seri Begawan, it is best to hire a trusted international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service.
The advantage of having your personal vehicle to commute within the city and inter-city is that you don’t have to depend upon public transportation. With plenty of diplomats, expatriates and returning citizens looking to import vehicles, it is best to know the details about it.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Bandar Seri Begawan
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Bandar Seri Begawan||$200||$2300||5+29 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Bandar Seri Begawan||$400||$4850||5+44 days|
|Bandar Seri Begawan to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$2300||5+29 days|
|Bandar Seri Begawan to (California port) to Portland, OR||$475||$2300||6+29 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Bandar Seri Begawan||$550||$2300||6+29 days|
|Bandar Seri Begawan to (New York port) to Columbus, OH||$550||$4850||5+44 days|
|Bandar Seri Begawan to (New York port) to Detroit, MI||$575||$4850||6+44 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Bandar Seri Begawan||$675||$4850||6+44 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Bandar Seri Begawan||$775||$2300||7+29 days|
|Bandar Seri Begawan to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$4850||7+44 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
We will not only help you plan and execute the shipping program, but assist you through custom clearances at Brunei. However, you will need to provide documents to our auto transport agent when the shipping process begins at the domestic US port. Some of the documents include:
- US-issued driver’s license
- Car title
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Passport of the owner
- Purchase invoice
We will offer you the shipping options and help you understand the pricing of the shipping services. You will get all the information about the levies, taxes and fees that have to be paid up front at the ports. It is important to know that Brunei has tropical and equatorial weather so it is hot and humid most parts of the year. That is why it is important to take care of the maintenance of the vehicle.
Import regulations .
There are no stringent regulations on the import of personal vehicles but there are specific documents that need to be submitted at the Brunei. These are:
- Copy of Passport.
- Work/ Residence Visa.
- Inventory details of the container (if using container shipping).
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed and vehicle registration.
- Personally take delivery of the vehicle.
Before the vehicle can be imported, it is essential to get the approvals from Controller of Customs. This applies to all vehicles that enter Bandar Seri Begawan. To know about the import regulations, it is best to contact the Embassy of Brunei, to know more about the documentation and regulations for import.
Before you ship.
It is important to have the total cost of shipping quote with you before your vehicle is shipped out of the US port. One of our shipping agents will go over the details about the delivery in Brunei. If you intend shipping by RORO, it is important to get the car cleaned before shipping it to avoid delays due to quarantine. It is important to completely strip the car of all personal items, remove the air condition gas and keep a set of extra keys, tire and floor mats. Additionally, it is important to keep the documents in order for submission at the Brunei Customs.
It is important to let the U.S. Customs and Border Protection know about your intention to export the vehicle in advance. There are some forms and authorizations that are needed to be completed before you can ship. Although air shipping is the fastest and the safest method of transporting your vehicle, it isn’t a practical option for most people due to the extremely high price. That is why it is cost effective to ship by RORO (as mentioned above) or select the method of Container shipping. This allows you to put your vehicle along with other household or personal goods. It adds an extra level of security and provides for higher safety against pilferage when shipping your vehicle. Irrespective of the method of shipping that you select, knowing that a trusted and reputed shipping service is looking after the transportation is essential.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇳 Brunei, (BN)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇳 Brunei, (BN)
🇧🇳 Brunei, (BN)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇳 Brunei, (BN)
🇧🇳 Brunei, (BN)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August