Important facts about shipping your car from the U.S. to Belize.
Shipping A Car To Belize.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most auto transport shipments from the United States to Belize cost between $1,300 to $3,000, with shipping from the East Coast is more affordable due to accessibility.
- Larger vehicles such as SUVs and trucks will cost slightly more.
Of all the preparations you can make for shipping/exporting your vehicle to Belize, without a doubt the most important is to choose the right international vehicle transport company. Shipping methods do not vary greatly between shippers, and shipping time is really a function of which American city you are shipping from, for instance, Port Everglades. Shipping destination will pretty much always be Belize City, and the regulatory requirements are the same for everyone shipping into Belize.
However, there can be a fairly significant difference between transport companies themselves, and that’s why it’s so important that the right one is chosen. Ideally, it’s best to be associated with a very knowledgeable company, well-versed in customs regulations and all the other details of international vehicle shipping. It really makes a difference to have a vehicle shipped by a company recognized by the Port of Belize as an experienced, reliable shipper.
Your transport company will guide you through some important decisions, like how your car will be delivered to the port of departure. Some companies offer door-to-terminal service, meaning they will pick it up at your home and transport it to the U.S. port city. Then too, you’ll need to decide whether you want to ship your vehicle via the Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO) method or in a container. Container shipping affords greater protection for the vehicle but is more expensive, and RORO simply means the vehicle will be driven on and off the ship under its own power.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Belize.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Belize.
- Photo identification.
- Original purchase invoice.
- Title & proof of insurance.
- Bill of lading.
- VIN documentation.
Other Requirements For Shipping A Car To Belize.
- You will need your passport or driver license to establish your identity to authorities.
- The original title plus the bill of sale for the vehicle are required to demonstrate proof of ownership and to establish that there are no liens against the vehicle. If there are liens, the car would be considered ineligible for shipping, unless the lienholder provides you with written approval.
- The vehicle characteristics must be documented: vehicle identification number (serial number stamped on the car), year of manufacture, make and model license plate.
Shipping Costs and Times.
Most departure ports in the U.S. will have regular schedules for shipping to Belize, assuming that Belize is one of the ports they service at all. Your transport company will know this and will be aware of the shipping schedule, which is most often weekly or thereabouts. Once the shipment is underway, the shipping time will depend on where in the U.S. it departed from, but you can count on between three and five days. In port at Belize, it will take another three to five days to be cleared through customs and offloaded from the ship so you can claim it.
The cost of this international shipping/exporting will depend on a few important factors, apart from the fee charged by your transport company. If the car is to be picked up by the transport company and moved to point of departure, it will be an extra fee. The method of shipment (RORO or container) also affects total cost, and so do the dimensions of your vehicle, because the space it takes up in shipping is accounted for.
Lastly, there are some miscellaneous expenses to be added in also, such as the purchase of insurance. If your car is fairly valuable, it would be wise to have it insured for the journey, even though any kind of mishap during shipping/importing is rare. There will also be import tariffs and taxes applied at Belize that will add to the overall cost.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Shipping a car to Belize with the right transport company
- The best way to transport a car to Belize
- Tips to help me find an international transporter to move my car to Belize
- Ways to save money when You ship a car from Miami to Belize with professionals
- What is the cost of shipping a car to Belize?
- Is shipping your car to Belize affordable through professionals?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?