Ship Car To Inverness


Ship Your Car To Or From Inverness, Scotland

Inverness is a city located in the Scottish Highlands and it’s regarded as the capital of the Highlands of Scotland. It is situated close to the starting point of the River Ness and lies at on the edge of Great Glen close to the Loch Ashie, Loch Ness and Loch Duntelchaig.

From students to returning citizens, there are quite a lot of different people who can benefit from having their vehicles imported, when they live or move to Scotland. This is going to allow you to travel as much as you want. To start with before you go through with the process it is best if you contact a shipping service such as the A1 Auto Transport in order for it to help you with your vehicle and make the entire process hassle-free.

Ship Your Car To Or From Inverness, Scotland

Import Taxes On Vehicles

As Scotland is part of the UK all of the laws which apply to England, apply to it as well. The two main regulations are set forth in the Road Vehicle Regulations 1986 and Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989. Scotland has quite the same laws as the UK and it’s important to take them into account. There are quite a few fees and import taxes that you’d need to clear in order to ship your vehicle to the country. It’s best if you get in touch with the A1 Auto Transport Service.

A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.

You need to know that imported vehicles are subjected to VAT. The import tax on the car or on any other vehicle which is imported is going to vary depending on the engine size as well as on the emission and other parameters. However, there are certain exemptions which include:

  • Moving to the country permanently
  • Importing a car which has been previously exported
  • Importing a car for less than 6 months

In order to check for certain tax exemptions you will need to fill out all of the necessary information required at the HM Revenue and Customs service to see if you actually qualify. Vehicles of over 10 years have to adhere to special considerations and laws.

Essential Documentation and Procedures

When you import a vehicle it’s important to notify the HM Revenue and Customs. This is done by NOVA (Notification of Vehicle Arrivals). You will also have to submit the EU Certificate of Conformity and the Certificate of Mutual Recognition, should your vehicle be with left-sided steering wheel. There are certain criteria that you have to meet, if you want the car to be considered part of your household items you need to abide by certain regulations, including:

  • You have been living in the USA for at least 1 year
  • You are permanently moving to Scotland
  • You are the owner of the car
  • You have cleared the liens and paid the taxes amongst others of the kind.

In order to get the car imported you need to get your title deed and registration certificate, insurance certificate and proof of ownership. For any further questions do not hesitate to contact the Embassy of the United Kingdom in Washington, D.C.

Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto Today

Get an Instant Free Quote Now

Or call us today at 1-800-518-8708 and speak to directly to our sales team!