Ship Your Car To Or From Barbados
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car to Barbados from the United States is typically between $1,500 and $3,000, though it can sometimes be done cheaper.
- Shipping from the Port of Miami is usually the least expensive way to go, especially if you’re using a shipping container to move your car.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Barbados
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Bridgetown||$200||$2,200||5+17 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Bridgetown||$450||$2,200||5+17 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Bridgetown||$550||$2,200||6+17 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Bridgetown||$550||$1,600||5+7 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Bridgetown||$575||$1,600||6+7 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Bridgetown||$675||$1,600||6+7 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Bridgetown||$700||$1,600||6+7 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Bridgetown||$775||$2,200||7+17 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Bridgetown||$925||$1,600||7+7 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Bridgetown||$1,025||$2,200||7+17 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping/Exporting a car to Barbados can be costly due to the various taxes and duty charges that are determined by a vehicles age, power, and cost. If you a diplomat, importing a vehicle to Barbados is free and without restrictions.
If you are a returning national, importing a vehicle is free, but you will need specific approval from the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, as well proof that you have owned the vehicle for three years and that you lived in Barbados for more than three years at any given point. More information on the returning national program will be listed below in the valuable resources section. Bridgetown is the major port and likely landing point for any vehicle shipped to Barbados. $1 USD is worth around 2 Barbados Dollars (BBD). Barbados is located in the Caribbean Islands, above South America.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Barbados
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Importing your vehicle to Barbados is subject to a few minor restrictions and it may be costly.
- A vehicle must be less than 4 years old.
- A vehicle must have no more than 50,000 KM on the odometer.
- You must be able to prove ownership of the vehicle.
In addition to these restrictions, your vehicle is subject to high taxation and duties:
- The average import duty is around 45% on all vehicles.
- If you are importing a used vehicle, there is a $4,000 environmental levy and $300 for a new vehicle.
- There is a 17.5% value added tax.
- A port FAS charge is also added to the cost of your importation.
- An excise tax is added based on the engine capacity (1800cc for luxury), weight, and cost of the vehicle.
- A luxury vehicle with an engine equal to or exceeding 1800cc and with a value above $45,000 is subject to a 120% excise tax.
- If the weight does not surpass 5 tons and the value does not exceed $45,000, the excise tax will be around 62.77%
- If the weight does not exceed 5 tons, but the value of the vehicle is higher than $45,000, the excise tax will be around 80.16%
- If the vehicle is heavier than 5 tons, the excise tax is valued at 10%
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Barbados
Despite the various costs and restrictions, it is not hard to import a vehicle into Barbados. Your shipping/exporting company will take care of all of the necessary paperwork and they will coordinate with you to help you decide on the best date to ship your vehicle. When importing a vehicle to Barbados, you will need to provide the following:
- Import Permit (taken care of by your shipping company)
- Owner’s log book.
- Proof of insurance.
- Receipt / Invoice for new vehicles.
- Import License (taken care of by your shipping company)
- OBL (bill of lading)
We offer several shipping methods to Barbados, depending on your personal needs. At your convenience, we will help you decide on the best method of transport to Barbados. Listed below are the two most popular methods that we offer for international vehicle shipping.
- Roll on, Roll off (RoRo): The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
- Container Shipping: If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Barbados
The act of shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo to Barbados from the United States is best taken on with the assistance of professional transporters. With the experience and connections of A1 Auto Transport, you can get your overseas transport underway in no time. We have been helping our customers ship heavy equipment to other countries for decades and can make the entire process a breeze.
There is no limit to the types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can have transported. With our variety of shipping services and access to all the best shipping technology and equipment, we are certain we can carry out your transport. Throughout our time we’ve shipped the following types of heavy and oversized cargo:
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Cranes and more…
There are many other pieces of equipment, machinery and vehicles that we consider as heavy or oversized. Typically we consider any cargo that won’t fit into a 40ft container as oversized. However, if it weighs substantially more than your standard vehicle, it may be deemed as heavy equipment. If our transport specialists believe that your cargo meets this description, they will inform you of your shipping options.
Overseas Shipping Methods Available for Heavy Equipment
When you’re shipping heavy equipment through A1, you will have several shipping options. We offer four transport methods to our customers with oversized cargo and heavy equipment, but depending on the type of cargo you have, you may have fewer options. We will inform you of your choices after you describe your equipment or cargo to us over the phone. Here is a description of each of our overseas shipping services to give you some insight before you call in…
- Container Transport- This type of transport method offers the greatest security. By enclosing your cargo within walls and a ceiling, it will be safe from inclement weather and other outside hazards. This is the most expensive method yet very cost efficient.
- Flat Rack Shipping- With this shipping method your cargo is secured to a flat rack that looks a large metal frame. Once it is fastened properly, the rack is placed on top of the ship. The rack is removed from the ship in the same manner.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping- The RoRo method is the cheapest form of transport. It is an open air service that requires your large vehicle or piece of equipment to be operable. That way it can roll onto the ship and off of the ship.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping- The LoLo shipping method is best for individuals transporting large broken down vehicles and crated heavy equipment overseas. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto the ship as well as off of the ship.
Related Information & FAQs
- The cost to ship a car to Barbados from the United States is affordable and cost effective
- How to estimate the cost of shipping a car to Barbados?
- Shipping a car from the US to Barbados
International Association of Movers – Barbados Page