The city of Čair is the capital of the Republic of Macedonia. It encompasses the Old town of Skopje and has a lot to offer those who visit here. Čair is economic, academic, cultural, as well as the political hub of the country.
If you intend moving to Čair, you may want to bring your vehicle with you so you can travel around at your leisure. You may need to plan for an import and follow the rules and regulations as per the Macedonian government regulations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for auto Import.
Some specific regulations set up by the Macedonia Government have to be followed by all vehicles on the roads. It is essential that you adhere to the laws of the country for a seamless travel experience. There are a few regulations which include:
- International driver’s license.
- Clear title of the vehicle.
- Current registration and license plate.
- Valid passport/ copy of passport.
- Vehicles must register with the police department within forty-eight hours after receiving your vehicle in Čair.
- Payment must be made for taxes and duties through Customs. The taxes are a maximum of 14.5% but the actual cost will depend on the value of your vehicle.
Other documents needed.
Under the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Macedonia, other additional documents will be needed:
- The original bill of sale that includes the VIN, engine number, chassis number, make, model, and year of the automobile.
- Registration/title deed.
- S. driving license.
- Insurance certificates.
- Bill of Lading.
- Government-issued import license (if the vehicle is new).
Macedonia is landlocked so you will need to direct your vehicle to the nearest port, Port of Thessaloniki, Greece. Once it passes inspection through customs, you can drive it to Čair or hire a shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Service who will pick the vehicle up from customs and drive it to Čair.
Preparing your Vehicle for Exporting.
Before your vehicle can leave the port in the United States, you will need to prepare it first. Using the services of A1 Auto Transport Service will help you follow the rules and regulations set forth by Macedonia. If you use the Roll On/ Roll off method of shipping, you will need to prepare your vehicle for transport. A1 Auto Transport Service will assist you with preparing your vehicle, including steam cleaning it. With the Roll On/ Roll Off method, you will pay the customs duties to Macedonia Customs Administration.
If you prefer to ship your vehicle in a container, you will need to simply place a vehicle in a container that is either 20 foot or 40 foot in size and secure it. You will be able to place personal items inside the container as well. The Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is cheaper and as long as the regulations are followed, there won’t be any delay. Regulations include:
- Removing all belongings from the vehicle before it is shipped – everything but the car jack, floor mats, and spare key.
- All fuel should be removed, with the exception of one-quarter tank.
- Air conditioning gasses should be removed.
- Steam clean the vehicle in order to avoid having it quarantined.
Discuss the details of shipping with your A1 Auto Transport shipping agent. You can also check out the rules and regulations at the Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Washington.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory