Akranes is is a port town located on the west coast of Iceland. It is approximately 20 km north of Reykjavik. The most important resource in Akranes is the fishing industry.
If you plan to move to Akranes from the U.S. temporarily or for a long period of time, you will need to make arrangements as far in advance as you can so you can bring your car with you. A1 Auto Transport Service can provide you with the information you need to transport your vehicle with ease.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations when Importing your Vehicle.
When shipping your vehicle to Akranes, you will need to follow the rules and regulations that are set into place. For example, you need to own your vehicle for at least six months before you can ship it over to Iceland. You also need to be in the U.S for at least twelve months before you can ship your vehicle to Akranes. According Iceland Customs Regulations, you cannot sell your vehicle while you are in Akranes. You also cannot allow others to drive your vehicle while there. When you are ready to go back to the U.S, you will need to take your vehicle with you. Before you can pick up your vehicle, you will need to prove that you are the owner.
A1 Auto Transport service will work with you so you can get the right documentation for everything to make moving to Iceland must easier. You will need to have the right documentation so you can verify the information to customs.
Required Documents Needed to Import.
You will need to submit the proper documentation at least seven days before your vehicle is due to be transported out. These documents include:
- Your passport.
- Driver’s License of both U.S and Iceland.
- Insurance policy valid for Iceland.
- Invoice of the vehicle in your name.
- Registration/title deed.
- Certificate Declaration of Duty Free, if applicable.
- Resident work and visa permit.
- Freight shipping invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
Requirements to Import your Car to Iceland.
Your vehicle will need to be legal in the United States. As per The Iceland Customs Department you will need to verify that you have lived outside of Iceland for less than one year. You will have thirty days to transport your car to Akranes. You will need to pay all customs and duties before you are allowed to transport. You can get a quote from A1 Auto Transport Service so you will have an idea of how much this will cost. The cost will also depend on the method of shipping you choose; Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping.
If you want to ship your vehicle on a budget, you can choose Roll On/ Roll Off method. If you are going to bring your household items, you will want to choose the container shipping instead. The prices will vary because the container shipping is more expensive however you can bring everything at once. Be sure to mention this with A1 Auto Transport Service. You can visit the Embassy of Iceland to get more information on their policies on shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory