Situated on the Black Sea Coast, one of the largest cities in Bulgaria, Burgas is an important hub of transport, industries, tourism and culture. When it is about importing your vehicle to Burgas, due to move, you need to be updated about the specific rules and regulations in Bulgaria.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As the country is part of European Union, same laws are applicable. As per the standard EU laws, only after all regulations are followed, the imported vehicle can clear Bulgarian Customs and the owner allowed to take delivery of the vehicle. To clear the customs, you will need to:
- Pay VAT on the vehicle.
- Buy an insurance policy.
- Get verification of the vehicle done.
- All emission and roadworthiness tests completed.
- Complete the registration process.
Specific guidelines for importing vehicle.
This is the general requirement, there are some specific guidelines and regulations that you need to adhere to when importing a vehicle to Burgas in Bulgaria. You need to declare the vehicle to be imported on a temporary basis as per Bulgarian law. Additionally, you need to pay a guarantee or levy for the vehicle to clear the Customs. However, the amount of ‘guarantee’ that you pay depends upon year of registration, engine capacity, make, model and brand. There is no provision for long-term import but if you intend keeping the car on a permanent basis, you will need to renew the temporary permit every year.
Important documents to submit.
There are plenty of documents to submit to facilitate the import of the vehicle but there are many documents that have to be submitted before the shipping process starts. These documents need to be submitted for verification at the U.S Customs and at the Customs Department in Bulgaria. These include:
- Registration and title deed.
- Ownership proof.
- Visa/work permit.
- Bulgarian driving license.
- Internationally valid car insurance.
Taxes to pay.
When you are costing the trip, you will need to calculate the different import duties and taxes which need to be cleared before the vehicle is cleared by the Bulgarian customs. Although the duties depend upon the age and other specifications of the car, you only pay import duty, if you are bringing in the vehicle from USA. All imports from EU countries are tax exempted. When you import from USA, the duty is about 17% and more depending on the evaluated value of your vehicle. Apart from that there is a 20% VAT levied on the vehicle. This is based on the CIF or the shipping, insurance and cost of the vehicle. There are custom and excise taxes added by the Bulgarian authorities after the vehicle inspection is completed. However, the diplomats are allowed to import one vehicle completely free.
The mode of transporting the vehicles from USA to Burgas remains the commonly used methods of RORO and container shipping. You may discuss your shipping needs and budget with A1 Auto Transport service and then decide on the method to choose.
For detailed information on the latest rules and regulations on importing vehicles, please contact the Embassy of Bulgaria in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?