Shipping Cars To or From Port of Ponce Puerto Rico
The Port of ponce or more commonly, The Port of the Americas, has the capability to become the next global frontier in transshipping of goods between the Atlantic Ocean and Panama Canal.
Fill out our online quotation
The first step in shipping cars to or from the port of Ponce, Puerto Rico, is by completing our online quotation. This will allow us to provide you with a close estimate of the consolidated cost. Depending on where you are shipping from, one of our shipping experts will reach out to you to review the process.
The expert will walk you through our delivery and pick up services which include;
Gather the required documents
The next step will be to provide us with the necessary paperwork including:
- Personal identification: You should present two valid copies of government issued documents. This could either be an unexpired driving license or passport.
- Vehicle Title: The original will be shipped along your automobile whereas the copy will be used for booking.
- Proof of ownership: A Certificate of title will suffice provided there are no lien holders. However, should there be a record of lien holders, you ought to back it up with a bill of sale as well as a letter from the lien holder permitting you to ship the vehicle. Keep in mind that both these documents have to be notarized. If the document is found to have an unoriginal stamp, you will be fined heavily and not allowed to ship your vehicle.
All these documents should be readily available when our representative comes to pick up your vehicle.
Mode of Shipping
After we take the car from you, your car will be delivered to the port for the loading process and this differs depending on mode of transit. To that end, you ought there are only two modes available when shipping cars to or from the port Ponce Puerto Rico; Roll on/Roll off and container shipping.
Ro Ro is used to ship motorized vehicles by simply driving them on and off the vessel which is usually fitted with ramps for loading and offloading. Simplicity aside, this method is very cost-efficient seeing as it transports a huge number of cars at a go therefore spreading the cost among many folks. If you choose this method, ensure that:
- Your gas tank is filled between ¼ and ½.
- No personal belongings are left in the car.
- All keys are in the automobile inclusive of trunk keys.
- Your car is in good running condition.
In the case of container shipping, your car will be lashed to a 20ft container using nylon straps or steel chains for maximum safety .The requirements fro shipping include:
- All fumes must be purged off the fuel tank and all liquids drained.
- Do not leave your car keys inside the car.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from the port Ponce Puerto Rico.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.