Ship Your Car To Or From Livingston, Scotland
Located in the Almond Valley, some thirteen miles of Edinburgh, the scenic city of Livingston was built in 1962. It was part of several towns newly built in the 1980s. Livingston is the heart of Scotland’s ‘Silicon Glen’ which is a hi-tech industry that grew and assisted in the growth of city of Livingston until the 90s.
If you are a returning citizen, expatriate or student, you are coming to Livingston to work or go to school, there are many opportunities awaiting your arrival. You may want to drive around the country to check out the many opportunities in your own vehicle instead of the usual public transport that may be difficult to use at times, depending on the time of day. When it comes to transporting your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport Service is the one company that can help you. There are many ways that they can take the stress off of you and get your vehicle to Livingston in the amount of time it should take without delays.
Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations from 1989 must be followed when shipping a vehicle to Scotland. This law is the same ones that are implemented by United Kingdom. You need to ensure that your imported vehicle adheres to the environment and emissions laws and is eligible under Individual Vehicle Approval Scheme.
All taxes and fees must be paid before your vehicle can leave the port in Scotland. The VAT would also be paid during this timeframe. Tax totals will be dependent on many factors which can include the size of your engine, the emissions, as well as other. There are some exceptions that you may qualify for and these include:
- You are moving to Livingston on a permanent basis
- You are importing a vehicle that was exported from Livingston in the past
- You are importing a vehicle that is less than six months
You can check for more information on these exemptions by contacting the HM Revenue and Customs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for Import Procedures
You will need to notify the HM Revenue and Customs, if you want to learn more about exemptions, procedures, and certificates. You will also need to submit a conformity certificate and if your vehicle is a left handed vehicle, you will need a certificate stating that otherwise you will need to have it modified and then certified. Since your vehicle will be considered part of your household items, if you are moving to Livingston, you will not need to pay taxes on it. Other ways that your vehicle can meet criteria for exemptions includes:
- You are permanently locating to Scotland again
- You have been residing in the United States for a year
- You are the owner of the vehicle you are importing
- You cannot sell your vehicle for a one year period
You will need to fill out and bring with you the following documents, showing them to the U.S Customs and the HM Revenue and Customs in Scotland:
- The title of the vehicle
- The registration of the vehicle
- Proof that you are the owner of the vehicle
- The title is free and clear with no liens
- Proof of insurance
- Ocean Bill Of Lading
It is a good idea to also check with the United Kingdom Consulate in the United States before you begin the process of importing your vehicle to Livingston, Scotland.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory