A large town in Suriname, Brownsweg is named after the road that leads to the Brown Mountain and Eponymous Nature Park. The park is located near the Brokopondo Reservoir and is known for its history in the railway.
If you intend studying here or are on a work visa to Suriname, you might want to move your vehicle with you when you relocate to Brownsweg.
If you want to bring your vehicle into Suriname, you will need to make sure that you follow all regulations set forth by Suriname Customs Department and have all the documents needed to make the transition as smooth as possible. All fees will need to be paid up before shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In order to clear customs, you will need to make sure that you have all the necessary paperwork complete and submitted before the process can begin. There may be more documents needed to fill for this transportation, apart from these:
- Vehicle insurance.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Social security card.
- Driver’s license.
- Power of Attorney (optional)
At A1 Auto Transport service, we will be able to explain the documentation and paperwork needed for transporting your vehicle and picking it up once it has reached the port in Suriname. You can even get help scheduling this type of service in case you need it. We will assign an agent who will explain everything you need to know about shipping a vehicle to Brownsweg in Suriname. Depending on the method you choose for shipping, your vehicle may need to be steam cleaned before it can move out of the port.
Automotive regulations in Suriname.
It is essential to keep the documents handy before your vehicle is cleared by customs. Your vehicle must be less than five years old in order to pass inspection. However, there are exemptions to this rule but you will have to fill out a form for exemption request and send it to the Ministry of Trade and Labor. If your vehicle is evaluated at more than $25,000 you will be subject to paying taxes of no less than 40% of the vehicle cost, freight and insurance charges. You will also be charged an annual tax that is based on the weight of your vehicle. You will need a valid driver’s license in order to pass through.
When your vehicle is being prepared for entry to Suriname, we will need to make sure that all the paperwork is there and an entry document has been started. You will be asked for the following information:
- Driver’s license.
- Proxy that will give you clearance.
- Motor Vehicle Insurance in Suriname.
- Shipping Verification.
- Registration with proof that you have owned your vehicle for at least six months..
- Appraisal of your vehicle with the vehicle’s amount on it.
You can contact the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency or the Suriname Embassy in Washington DC for more information. As your chosen auto transport service, A1 Auto Transport should be able to give you all the details required as well as any information regarding pick-up and delivery. Before shipping, you will have the full quote amount for your vehicle to leave the port.
There are two ways to ship your vehicle to Suriname from the U.S and that is the Roll On/ Roll Off method and the container shipping method. The RORO method is quick and more affordable while the container shipping allows you to store so much more than just your car.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory