East Kilbride is currently the biggest Scottish city in South Lanarkshire. It is also the first new town of Scotland, announced on the 6th of May 1947. The town is enclosed by the White Cart River on its western part and by the Rotten Calder to the eastern and the latter is also following to the north where it joins the River Clyde.
There are a lot of opportunities for people from all categories in the city. In any case, it is without a doubt the best if you can rely on your own vehicle while you stay there in order to be completely independent. In order to get through the process, you can contact the A1 Auto Transport service in order to get your car shipped without any hassle.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and all of the import regulations of the country would apply. The regulations are the Road Vehicle Regulations from 1986 and the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations from 1989. It is important to adhere to the rules governing the environmental aspect of the process. You’d have to consider a lot of customs taxes and it is without a doubt best if you rely on a reputable service like the A1 Auto Transport in order to get you through this process.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is important to know that VAT is dully applied and the other taxes are going to be based on the size of the engine, the emissions as well as other parameters. However, if you fulfill the following conditions you might be exempt from taxes:
- Permanently moving to the town.
- Importing a previously exported car.
- Importing for less than six months.
You have to fill out HM Revenue and Customs form in order to check if you qualify for the exemptions. If your car is older than 10 years and you are from the USA you have to abide by the Department of Transport laws and fill in Vehicle Import Pack as the country has tight rules on used cars and you have to undergo an emission test and roadworthiness test.
You have to notify the HM Revenue and Customs through the Notification of Vehicle Arrivals. You are also required to provide the EU Certificate of Conformity if it’s a left-handed vehicle and also a Certificate of Mutual Recognition. If you are going to move permanently and your car is considered part of your household goods you wouldn’t have to pay VAT under the following conditions:
- Permanent move.
- You’ve lived in the USA for at least a year.
- You’ve owned the car for 1 year before.
- Cleared of liens and paid taxes.
- Won’t sell it for 1 year.
In addition, you would also have to provide the following to both Customs Departments in U.S and in Scotland:
- Proof of ID – driving license.
- Title deed and registration.
There are two basic methods for you to import your car – through RoRo and through Container shipping. The former is going to require you to drive your car onto a shipping deck on a freight ship where it is going to be fastened and transported while it’s exposed to the elements. It’s the quickest and cheapest way to go but you won’t be allowed to ship other belongings. The Container shipping method would allow you to ship whatever you want besides your car which is pretty convenient if you have to relocate other household goods. It’s more expensive but you can share the container to split the costs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?