Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Antanifotsy
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The city of Antanifotsy is located in the Vakinankaratra Region in Madagascar and is the eighth largest city in the entire country. It is essential to get a lot of information on living in Madagascar if you intend living here for a longer period and one of the important things that you will need is your own vehicle for traversing the city.
If you want to ensure that your vehicle arrives without any complications you would have to abide by all of the regulations and the international shipping requirements at the US and the Madagascar port. The process is complicated and it is best if you choose a company that has specialized in international shipping in order to ensure that there are absolutely no delays and to avoids any unpredicted fees. The A1 Auto Transport is a company that has international shipping experience of more than 20 years and we are capable of ensuring a hassle-free and quick transportation of your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a car to Madagascar is going to require a professional shipper that has in-depth and localized experience in dealing with the Madagascar Customs. The A-1 Auto Transport has local shipping agents in Madagascar which are in good relations with the customs agents and are capable of ensuring a proper and hassle-free process without any delays or unpredicted taxes and fees.
If you want to import your vehicle to Madagascar, you are going to need to present the following documentation:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- International Insurance Policy.
- Original Purchase Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of ownership.
- Title deed.
- registration documents.
You also have to prepare the vehicle and you would need to:
- Empty the vehicle of gasoline and other inflammable liquids.
- Remove the battery of the car.
- Take out all of the personal items.
- Disable alarms.
- Remove accessories and personal items.
There are other regulations to be abided by and if you fail to do so this is going to result in higher expenses. They include:
- All automobiles have to be taxed based on the particular model, cost, year, make and upgrade of the car.
- The car would be charged 118% of the CIF value if it has been registered for less than one year.
- If registered under the name of the importer for at least a year the vehicle won’t be subjected to duties.
There are two main ports of arrival in Madagascar – Toamasina and Mahajanga. There are other ports as well – in Toliaraa, Morondava and Antananarivo. Although air shipping is a valid option, it is too expensive and thus, not a preferred method. There are two common shipping methods available:
Roll-on and Roll-Off Service.
This is the fastest and the least expensive sea-freight shipping option. However, your vehicle would be subjected to the elements as it’s going to be constantly exposed to them. The vehicle is driven on the deck, secured in the parking bay and then driven off at the port in Madagascar. This is the cheapest way to ensure that your vehicle is shipped safely.
This method is far more convenient if you have a lot of personal belongings as you can place them all within a 20ft or 40ft private container. That’s why it’s also more expensive and slower due to more checkups. However, it is safer as your personal goods and vehicle is sealed within the container, making it secure from pilferage and theft.
You have to know that not all of the roads are properly developed but there are a lot of them which are already paved which connect the major cities. If you need any further information you would have to contact the Embassy of Madagascar in Washington, D.C.