Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average car transport costs from the United States to Argentina generally fall in the $2,000 to $4,000 range.
- One thing to note is that Argentina has recently increased import taxes on vehicles, which should be taken into account when considering the total cost.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Argentina
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Buenos Aires||$350||$2200||5+37 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Buenos Aires||$450||$2200||5+37 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Buenos Aires||$475||$2200||6+37 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Buenos Aires||$550||$1600||5+24 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Buenos Aires||$675||$1600||6+24 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Buenos Aires||$700||$1600||6+24 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Buenos Aires||$775||$2200||7+37 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Buenos Aires||$800||$1600||6+24 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Buenos Aires||$925||$1600||7+24 days|
|Houston, TX to (California port) to Buenos Aires||$1125||$2200||8+37 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Probably the first decision you must make when preparing to ship your vehicle to Argentina is which shipper you will contract with. This is one of the most important decisions you will make in this regard since your shipper of choice must be a firm that is very familiar with shipping/exporting regulations and requirements of both countries involved.
Make sure your shipper of choice has had experience shipping/exporting vehicles to Argentinian ports, and knows the Customs requirements and any special rules that may apply to your type of vehicle. After you’ve chosen a shipper, that will help you decide which port of departure you will use in the U.S., because it will have to be a port that your shipper has an operation in.
Now that you know which port the vehicle will be departing from, you have to decide on how the vehicle will get to that port for export/import from the country. The vehicle must either be driven to the port of departure, or you must pay for the add-on service of having the vehicle picked up at your home and trucked to the destination point. It will of course cost more to have the vehicle transported by the shipper, but if it just isn’t possible for you to drive it there, the pick-up is the best choice.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Argentina
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Shipping Overseas
The two main methods of shipping/exporting vehicles overseas are containerized shipping and Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO). Containerized shipping is just what it sounds like – your vehicle would be enclosed in either a 20-ft or 40-ft container for the duration of the trip, and while in port that container would be hoisted on and off the ship by means of a crane.
The great benefit of containerized shipping is that it is more secure and protects your vehicle from the elements, as well as any other shipboard hazards. The disadvantage of containerized shipping is that it costs more than RORO shipping, although that cost can be reduced to some extent if you’re willing to share the container with another vehicle.
In RORO shipping, the vehicle is exposed during the trip, although it is lashed securely to the deck. In port, it will be driven on and off the ship by using a ramp, and this necessitates that the vehicle have ¼ tank of gas for these minor maneuvers (but no more than ¼ tank). It must also be free of all personal items, except the standard tire jack and spare tire.
RORO shipping is by far the less expensive of the two shipping methods, but if you have a somewhat valuable vehicle being shipped, you may feel more confident about the containerized strategy.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Argentina
- Valid visa.
- Driver’s license.
- Original purchase invoice.
- Original registration.
- Certificate of residence.
- Shipment inspection certificate.
Customs and Port Duties
Before your vehicle will be allowed to leave the U.S. you must contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to inform them of your plans. They will require proof of ownership, which means a bill of sale with your name on it as the purchaser.
In addition, you will be required to provide a clear title, free of any liens against the vehicle to show it is eligible for export/import. If there are liens currently against the car, you must have written authorization showing lienholder approval for this transport.
In the city of your destination, there will be a port duty imposed, which you can find out by contacting the Argentinian Embassy in the U.S. Your shipper should be aware of all these regulations as well, but it is worthwhile keeping yourself informed.
Related Information & FAQs
- Import restrictions for shipping a car from the USA to Argentina
- What will the import duties cost when I ship my car to Argentina
- Don´t make these common mistakes when You ship a car to Argentina from the US
- How can I find out the cost of shipping a car to Argentina?
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Argentina through open-air services?