Car Shipping Abobo
An urban commune and suburb of Abidjan, Abobo is one of the most populated areas and is well-known hub of business and finance in the country. With growing business and commerce apart from education, there has been an increase in the number of returning citizens expatriates on a work permit that come to Ivory Coast on a temporary or permanent basis. However, if you plan on leaving US and stay in Ivory Coast for a couple of months or on a more permanent basis, it is better to have your own vehicle. The strategic location of sharing the coastline with Gulf of Guinea will make shipping your vehicle through any of the known methods of ocean bound freight shipping.
Basic requirements to ship your personal vehicle to Abobo
Although there are plenty of procedures and documents that need to be met, it helps to have the assistance from an experienced international shipping service. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have years of experience shipping both commercial and personal vehicles all over the world. With a dynamic network of shipping agents, we work with you at every step to ensure that your vehicle is shipped safely from the local US port and is delivered to you in Abobo, Ivory Coast.
You can contact the Embassy of Cote D'Ivoire to get the latest information on the regulations and shipping policies before you plan on shipping your vehicle. However, there are some documents that are mandatory and these include:
- Proof of ownership and passport
- Original purchase invoice of the car/vehicle
- S car insurance certificate
- Driver’s license
- Residence/work permit
- Bill of Lading
- Vehicle title deed
Although there are plenty of other regulations to meet, A1 Auto Transport service has experience in shipping vehicles to West Africa and we’ll smoothen out the process for you. However, there are two common methods of freight shipping that includes:
- RORO: This is the most common and affordable method to ship your vehicle to Abobo, Cote d’Ivoire. However, there are some stringent procedures to follow if you don’t want to delay delivery or get the car quarantined. You will be required to strip the car clean of all personal belongings, take out the air conditioning gas, and get the interiors steam cleaned. Additionally, you need to put an extra set of keys in the glove compartment, jack, and spare tire and leave quarter tank of gas. Your car will be driven on and off the deck at the ports, apart from being harnessed during transit.
- Container shipping: This is the more expensive method due to the exclusivity your vehicle is given. It is put inside a 20 feet or 40 feet enclosed container and sealed. If you have other personal items or household goods that need to be transported to Abobo, it can be put alongside the vehicle. It works for expensive cars that need to be protected from the inclement weather during the transit. However, it is essential that you clarify with the shipping service or the Embassy about the prohibited items in West Africa so that you do not pack anything that can be termed illegal.
It is important to be present to take the delivery of the vehicle after it has cleared customs. If you can be there, it is good but if you cannot, you can authorize us to collect it on your behalf. If you want to know more about the custom duties, procedures and clarify about shipping your vehicle, browse more information at Directorate of Customs.