Ship Car To Aveiro
Aveiro is both a city and a municipality in Portugal and it’s the second most populous town in the Central Region, right after Coimbra.
Aveiro is part of an agglomeration and it is located on the Atlantic Ocean shore, being an important seaport and an industrial city.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a Car with a Temporary Permit.
You are going to love the fact that you can get your own vehicle in Portugal and travel at will. You can bring your personal vehicle for a total of 6 months on a special temporary permit as soon as you follow these criteria:
- Your car is registered in your name.
- You and your family can use it.
- You have an international driver’s license.
- You have an insurance from the US.
Regulations for Importation.
Now, if you want to import the vehicle on a permanent basis, however, you’d have to complete a specific residency permit form and to get it approved. The car needs to go through emissions and roadworthiness tests. If you fail those, you’d have to get the necessary modifications done and approved. You can get them done prior to the import in order to save time and effort. You can also check with the Portugal Customs and Excise Department in order to check the payable taxes and duties. The VAT is applied only on new cars while old cars are freed from it in case they are driven for at least a year in the country.
What is more, all of the vehicles which are registered in Portugal are going to have to carry the All-in-One card which carries the vehicle information, your insurance data, registration as well as your log book. The card should be with you at all times. Once it’s ready to drive, you have to get local license and plates and finalize the entire procedure.
Select the Shipping Method.
When you are all set to ship your vehicle, you would have to pick up the most appropriate transportation method. There are two options for you to choose from – Roll-on/Roll-off and Container shipping. Both of them are appropriate but you have to pick based on your particular needs.
- RORO shipping means that your vehicle is going to be secured on top of the shipping deck of the freight ship along with all other vehicles. This means that you are going to have to empty it out completely as no personal belongings are allowed. You should leave nothing in it but the spare set of keys, car jack, floor mats and spare tire. This is the cheapest and fastest water-based method.
- Container Shipping is more preferable if you have an expensive vehicle or a collectible which is precious. In any case, it’s more expensive but slower and you are allowed to carry as many personal belongings as the 20ft or 40ft container can fit.