Situated in Eastern Suriname, Albina is the capital of Marowiine district and is located on the banks of Marowiine River. If you are moving here, it helps to know that there are many procedures to complete. You have to comply by all the rules and regulations which regard the shipping process if you are to get your vehicle transported to Albina.
You will have to prepare a lot of documents and paperwork and you’d also have to pay the associated taxes.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You should make sure to pay attention to the weather in the Suriname as it’s rainy during the majority of the year. The period between May and July is the wettest and you might want to avoid it for shipping. It’s also a hot climate which means that you want to ensure there are no leakages on your vehicle prior to the shipment. The documents which are going to be required by the U.S. Customs are the following:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- Vehicle’s Title.
- Insurance Policy.
- Power of Attorney, if some else is picking your car.
The shipping agent is going to explain all of the requirements and the paperwork required to get the shipping done thoroughly. He can also arrange the so called door-to-door service where the car is picked up at your home and delivered at a designated location in Suriname. He will give you an overview of everything that you need to get done in order to ensure a safe and hassle-free transportation process.
The Customs in Suriname are also going to require clearance and additional documents. Make sure you have these during all the checkpoints. Suriname won’t allow cars which are older than 5 years but you might apply for an exemption through the Ministry of Trade and Labor but they are not always granted. If you have a car valued at $25,000 or more, you’d have to pay about 40% in taxes. There are also annual taxes which are imposed based on the size and weight of the car. You also need to have an international driver’s license as required by the Road Traffic Act of Suriname. The documents that you need to provide in order to get Suriname Customs clearance is:
- Driver’s License.
- Proxy for secured clearance.
- Insurance policy valid in Suriname.
- Shipping Verification Documentation.
- Registrations which show you are the owner for the last 6 months or more.
- Appraisal stating the total value of the car.
If you need any further need of information you might want to check with the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency as well as the Suriname Embassy in Washington, DC. You’d also want to make sure that you get all the cost evaluations from your shipping agent in advance prior to the shipping so you have a clear idea of what it’s going to cost you.
The best way for you to ship your car is through the Ro/Ro shipping method because it’s the simplest and the cheapest. It’s also the fastest sea-transportation method but you won’t be allowed to carry on anything else with your car. If you need to transport other personal belongings you might want to opt for the Container shipping option but you should know that it’s more expensive as it’s also more exclusive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory