Shipping a Car to Bahrain from the United States.
Shipping A Car To Bahrain.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average shipping costs for a standard sized car going from the U.S. to Bahrain fall between $3,500 and $7,000.
- These prices reflect standard transport by ship and do not include specialized services like door-to-door delivery.
With a new and well-developed road network, Bahrain is a popular place to own a car. Those relocating to the country should consider importing their own vehicle, as Bahrain’s government has made the process particularly easy for Americans – going as far as to waive customs duty. With a busy port at Manama and frequent departures from the USA, shipping is an easy and economical choice.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Bahrain.
Port of Arrival
The major port in Bahrain is located in the capital city of Manama, a populous metropolis and ideal spot to enter the country. This harbor offers Ro/Ro (roll on/roll off) facilities for auto shipping.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Bahrain.
Before you can ship a car out of the US, you’ll need to obtain a few documents:
- Proof of ownership / original title.
- Consent to ship (if vehicle is under lien)
- Bill of sale.
- Bill of lading.
Bahrain permits the relatively easy import of American vehicles – in fact, vehicles originating in the USA are exempt from tariffs. Note, however, that the country does not allow importation of cars that are more than eight years old. Some paperwork will be required for a quick Customs clearance – important for avoiding cost delays at the port or elsewhere. You’ll need to submit:
- A Customs Declaration Form
- Traffic Technical Inspection (with included Clearance Certificate)
- Inspection License Plate from the Traffic Department of Manama.
- Export License Plate.
- Vehicle details (prepared by the Customs Port)
- Identification Card.
- Vehicle insurance documents.
- Delivery order.
- Bill of lading.
- Clearance certificate.
Note that vehicles can be collected at the destination only by the owner, or by an authorized representative.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Types of Shipping.
Once you have decided to ship your car to Bahrain, you’ll next need to decide on the mode of transport. Ro/Ro (roll on/roll off) is the more economical option, in which the vehicle is simply driven onto a ship and then off again at the destination. However, should your vehicle be an antique or otherwise particularly valuable, consider the additional protection offered by container shipping.
Preparing Your Car for Shipping.
Proper preparation of the vehicle is necessary to ensure a smooth transportation process. Before shipping/exporting, be sure to:
- Remove all personal belongings from the car.
- Clean it thoroughly, inside and out, to avoid quarantine delays.
- Make note of all dents and scratches along with the shipping representative, and obtain a signed form attesting to the condition of the vehicle.
- Leave only a quarter tank of fuel in the car.
Related Information & FAQs.
- The process of shipping a car from the USA to Bahrain
- What makes it worthwhile to buy shipping services to get a car to Bahrain?
- Can I get shipping services to transport a military car to Bahrain?
- Ship a car to Bahrain through licensed transport specialists
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?