The fourth largest city in Chad, Abéché is also the capital of Ouaddai region. This city includes the Abéché airport and is known for its historical capital that includes palaces, tombs, and mosques of the kings that once ruled over the area.
If you plan to bring your vehicle over to Abéché to do some touring around, you may want to consider a four-wheel drive vehicle, especially if you are going outside the city at all. The reason is because the roads are not maintained or they are very rugged and that makes them difficult to get around on. You will also need to make sure that you are carrying your passport with you at all times as well as your driver’s license and vehicle registration in case you are approached by the authorities at any time. There are always highway bandits and the authorities are on alert.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motor Vehicle Regulations.
If you plan to ship to Chad, you need to make yourself aware of the different rules and regulations for motor vehicles. They have strict regulations on the transporting of vehicles into the country, some of which are:
- Vehicles must not be more than three years old.
- Vehicles that are new will need to be accompanied by paperwork for proof of ownership.
- Used vehicles will not need duty base proof.
- Import tax may be up to 60% of the value of the vehicle which will depend on the year, make, and model of the vehicle as well as the weight.
Import related documentation.
As with most imports, documentation is essential to mark it valid. Chad Customs Authority requires that you have the following paperwork:
- Original bill of sale of the vehicle- chassis number, engine cubic capacity, manufacturing year, and model of the vehicle.
- Original purchase receipt.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Social security number.
- Non-sale certificate that shows that you have no intention of selling your vehicle here.
- Import license, if you are bringing a new vehicle.
- Power of Attorney – if you are not able to be there to pick up your vehicle when it is cleared from customs.
If you are looking for more information about the current laws and regulations, it is best to contact the Embassy of Chad.
Available Shipping Options.
The price you will pay for importing your vehicle will be determined by the weight of your vehicle and the distance between the shipping ports in the United States to the port in Chad. The type of shipping you choose will also be a determining factor in how much you will pay. The shipping options that are available for you include:
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping, also known as RORO or Ro-Ro shipping is a convenient way to ship your vehicle from the United States to the port at Chad when you don’t have any additional luggage to bring with you. For this method of shipping, your vehicle is driven directly onto the deck of the ship where it is fastened down inside a bay for the trip. This is the easiest way to ship your vehicle over and the most affordable way too.
- Container shipping is another option. With this shipping method, the vehicle is placed inside the container and then sealed up and placed on the ship for transport. This is a great way to ship your vehicle if you want to bring personal and household items with you to Chad. You can choose from a 20-foot container or a 40-foot container and if the cost is too expensive, you will be able to share the container with someone else to save money. This method of shipping is more expensive than the Roll On/Roll Off method of shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory