Bo, which is also known as Bo Town is the second largest town in Sierra Leone. It is also the largest one in the Southern Province. The city also serves as the capital of the District of Bo in the Southern Province. It has its location about 160 miles south-east of Freetown. It is also the leading financial, urban, commercial and educational center after Freetown.
When preparing to export your vehicle to the country you would have to take care of a variety of factors. First of all, you are going to need to hire a respected transport company like A1 Auto Transport Company which would handle the shipping. After this you are going to be required to provide particular documents to the transporter and to the customs as well. You would also have to inform your shipper regarding whether you want your car to be driven to your door at the receiving destination or you are going to pick it up from the port yourself. Keep in mind that this can be a stressful undertaking and the shipping agency is going to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible. The agent is going to assist you in finding the required paperwork and preparing it for when you need to provide it. There is an article that explains a lot of International Laws and procedures to be abided by posted by the Federal Maritime Commission.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are some regulations that you would have to account for prior to moving to Sierra Leone. You can acquire incredibly valuable information by contacting the Embassy of Sierra Leone located in Washington DC. They are going to assist you with the import laws for the personal items apart from just the cars and the pets. However, the documents that you are going to need include:
- Original Certificate of Registration and Title.
- Original Bill of Sale, which shows the number of registration, numbers of chassis and engine, cubic capacity, model, make and year of manufacturing,
- Permit for residency in Sierra Leone.
- Driver’s License.
- International Policy of Insurance.
- Taxes which are based on the value of the vehicle as well as on the make and the model, year and accessories are going to have to be paid. They amount from 5% to 110% of the value of the car.
You are also going to be required to provide the following paperwork to the shipping company before relocating your car to the country of Sierra Leone:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security card.
- Original Vehicle Title.
- You are also going to need to provide Power of Attorney if you won’t be present to pick up your car from the exit port.
- Insurance policy of the vehicle.
Prior to finalizing the plans of shipment you are going to ensure that the shipping company has provided you with a disclosed quote that includes the relevant information for the shipping fees. The quote should also consist of the delivery fees. The agent has to go through the available shipping types for your particular needs and he will let you know what you would have to prepare. You are also able to contact the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for any further information regarding the laws of international shipping as well as the paperwork which could be required.
Types of shipping to Sierra Leone.
The primarily methods of shipping a car to the country of Sierra Leone include:
- Ro-Ro Shipping, which is the quickest and cheapest method of shipping your car. The car is going to be driven on the ship and fastened in place with straps, braces and brackets as well as with wooden blocks in order to ensure maximum stability. You are going to have to empty all kinds of personal items. The shipper is going to provide you with the schedule for shipping and the duration of the entire process as well as with the exact arrival time.
- Container shipping will allow you to ship your personal belongings along with your vehicle overseas. You can hire 20ft and 40ft containers which are going to provide you with enough space for any personal items that you may have to ship.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?