Berbera is located north west of Berbera District of Somaliland. Berbera is a self-declared republic that is recognized internationally as the autonomous region of Somalia. When you want to come to Berbera to live, you simply need to start the paperwork and import your vehicle too.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As the public transport isn’t reliable, it is important that you consider importing your own vehicle as buying a new one will be more expensive. Be sure to start the paperwork well in advance so you can guarantee that they get it in time.
Somalia Customs Authority has their own set of rules and regulations about importing a vehicle from the United States. South Africa has some strict guidelines on importing and exporting but East Africa does not. Before you turn in your paperwork, you will need the following information to provide proof of your identity:
- Proof of vehicle registration.
- Proof of ownership.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Driver’s license and passport.
- Title to your vehicle.
There are four ports that you can deliver your vehicle to in Berbera. You can contact the Somalia Consulate to learn more about them. However, if you need to know more about the total cost, ask A1 Auto Transport service about the free quote and they will be happy to offer competitive prices. However, there are many variables on the costs. If you need to know more about the cost of importing, it is figured by the 3% – 70 % Valorem duty to be paid before picking up the vehicle while the import duty is charged at 30%.
If you have a luxury vehicle or something that is non-essential, you will be charged more but if you are when you ship a luxury car to Berbera, you will be taxed $1300.00 extra charge. Additionally, you must provide proof of residence permit in order to avoid paying more fees
Rules on Importing.
As per the Somalian requirements, before the vehicle is shipped out from USA, there are some procedures that have to be completed. These include:
- Remove any external parts.
- Clean your vehicle inside and out.
- Steam clean your vehicle before it leaves the dock – If you don’t steam clean your vehicle, it will be quarantined and then sent to a cleaning facility and then back to the shipping. You will be charged for any labor.
There are two shipping methods to Somalia. One is the Roll On/Roll-Off method. The second is the container shipping. The RORO method allows you to roll your vehicle onto the deck of the ship where it is placed in a bay and fastened down. Container shipping requires you to place your vehicle inside a container and any personal items you may have and then close it up and load it onto the deck of the ship where it will be protected during the travels.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?