The city of Bharatpur is located in the central-southern section of Nepal. It is also known as the district headquarter of the Chitwan District. Bharatpur also separates the Sub-Metropolitan Authority and is known as the fifth largest city in Nepal.
If you plan to visit or move to Nepal, you want to use your personal vehicle so you will need to import your vehicle over. It’s important to note that this process is not as difficult as you may think. It’s very important that you work with a reliable shipping company who has been in business for over twenty years and has international shipping experience to Nepal in order to help you. A1 Auto Transport Service can provide this reliable shipping service and help you with any questions you may have along the way.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Nepal Customs Department in has rules and regulations for importing that must be followed in order to avoid a delay or being rejected. These rules include:
- Vehicle must be used for personal use only.
- Running for less than five years.
- Complies with the Nepal Vehicle Mass Emission Standard 2056 (1999).
Any vehicle that is imported to Nepal on a temporary basis of less than six months will receive a rebate on custom taxes and VAT. You can find out more about the rules and regulations by contacting the Embassy of Nepal before you begin the process of importing. You will need to have a copy of your documents to submit to the U.S Customs as well as the Nepali Customs. Any cargo brought over with your vehicle will be inspected at Kolkata, India, which is the port you will be traveling to if you are coming from a port in the United States.
From Kolkata, Bharatpur is approximately ten kilometers and can be accessed by way of roadway across the Indo-Nepal Border. Customs checks and inspections will need to see full documentation and A1 Auto Transport Service will be able to provide this type of service. They know what to expect and how to be prepared for security clearances and customs verifications. A shipping agent/ representative with A1 Auto Transport Service will be with you every step of the way so your import will happen without any difficulty. You will need to provide the following documentation at every port:
- Proof of insurance on the vehicle you are importing.
- Purchase invoice that lists the engine chassis number, the year, make, and model number.
- The title to the vehicle you are importing.
- Ownership of the vehicle.
- Passport and driver’s license.
Taxing the Imported Vehicle.
The total amount of payable taxes is based on the freight cost and insurance of your vehicle so your tax total will vary. The normal range is above 140% of the CIF charges. You will also need to pay a 13% VAT and this is paid before customs can clear your vehicle import. The tax exemptions do apply for dignitaries as well as diplomats. If you want to see if you are eligible for tax rebates, you will need to provide proof that the vehicle you are importing will be there for less than six months before it will go back to the United States.
Shipping Methods to Choose.
There are a few ways that you can ship a vehicle from a port in the United States to a port in Bharatpur. You can discuss your options in depth with A1 Auto Transport service.
Air Shipping is available for the quickest way to ship but it is very expensive. Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is available and is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. Your vehicle will need to be up and running in order to be driven onto the deck of the ship and off again once it reaches port. You will not be allowed with anything inside the vehicle with the exception of floor mats, car jack, and a spare tire. You will need to remove all air conditioning gases as they are very flammable.
Container shipping is another option for you. This type of shipping is good if you want to add extra protection to your vehicle as it is in route. You can choose from a 20 foot or 40-foot container to ship in. You can place personal items inside the container with your vehicle if you want.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?