Bodden Town used to be the capital city of the Cayman Islands and still remains the center of the biggest district. It is located on a coral reef and natural harbor and as the first settlement; it was named after the leader, William Bodden.
Today, Bodden Town is the financial hub of the Cayman Islands and there are a lot of banks, trusts, and governmental offices in the city, offering plenty of employment options. With this in mind, it might be a great idea to have your own vehicle alongside with you. However, the international shipping process is definitely complex and you might need to consider relying on the services of a professional shipping agency such as the A1 Auto Transport Service. We have over 20 years of international shipping experience and we are well aware of all the specifications of shipping to the Cayman Islands.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto Shipping Requirements.
You need to know that you are going to be required to present a wide range of different documents to the customs department and they include:
- Original car title.
- Authorized document stating the market value.
- Insurance policy.
- Listed details of the specifications of the vehicle like make, model, chassis and engine number and such.
- Customs declaration form.
- Permits for residency and work.
- Bill of Lading.
Import Taxes and Duties.
The government imposes taxes on the imported vehicles after considering the value of the car, freight charges and the insurance. Vehicles that are less than $20,000 are charged with 27.5% of the import duty while those who are $30,000 have to pay 35%. Vehicles valued at more than that are subjected to 40% of their CIF value. There are also environmental taxes which are levied to cover the total cost of disposing the vehicle.
Requirements to clear customs.
You have to consider the following in order to get customs clearance:
- Pay the taxes.
- Pay the charges of the ort.
- Get the vehicle thoroughly registered at the DVLD after purchasing the insurance.
- Pick it up from the port.
There is a duty-free import for temporary residents of less than six months. The price of the total endeavor would also account for the type of shipping method that you choose. With this in mind, you can go for RORO or container shipping. The representative of the A-1 Auto Transport service is going to provide you with all the necessary details that you would need in order to make an informed decision. You have two choices- RORO and Container shipping. RORO is the cheapest form of auto shipping where your vehicle is driven on the ship and secured in the parking bay and then driven off the ship. In this method, you are not allowed to keep any personal items but in container shipping, you are allowed to keep your vehicle and other items within the container. That is why it turns out to be more expensive. You would have to contact the Embassy of Cayman Islands in Washington, D.C if you want any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory