Shipping A Car To Brunei.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- If you’re having your car shipped to Brunei from the East Coast of the U.S., it can be done for around $2,000 or less in some cases.
- At the high end of the cost spectrum (direct delivery, larger vehicles, or freight, for instance) it can cost $4,000 or more.
Shipping/Exporting your car to Brunei, one of the most decadently beautiful countries off the coast of Borneo, is simple when compared to shipping/exporting a car to most other countries. Brunei has trade agreements with many countries and they have fewer restrictions than many of the Asian countries surrounding them.
You will need to hire an auto transporter from the United States to transport your car to the nearest shipping port to have your car loaded and shipped overseas. You’ll need to provide documentation to the auto transport agent when you’re making the shipping plans. These documents include:
- Driver’s License.
- Vehicle Title.
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate.
- Power of Attorney so they can transport your car.
- Social Security Card.
The agent will go over the different types of shipping as well as the cost of each type of shipping and any fees that you will need to pay upfront for detailing the car or transporting to or from the ports of entry or exit. You will also want to know that Brunei has very equatorial weather conditions and the heat will require that you check and maintain the fluid levels in your car at all times to help prevent breakdowns. Aside from that, you can enjoy driving through Brunei and visiting bordering countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Brunei.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Brunei .
Although Brunei is not extremely strict on the importation of personal vehicles into the country, there are some mandatory documents you will have to supply to customs when the car reaches the country. These documents are as follows:
- Copy of Passport.
- Residence Visa.
- Inventory sheet detailing contents of container (If using a container to ship)
- Letter of Employment.
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) or Original Air Way Bill (AWB)
- If you’re a Diplomat you will need your Diplomat Franchise.
- Vehicle Title and Registration.
- Must be physically present for Customs clearance.
- Must pay Customs duties.
You will also need to get approval to import your vehicle from the Controller of Customs. This approval applies to cars, motorcycles, SUV’s, buses, and vans and will need to be before your car is shipped to Brunei. You can contact the Embassy of Brunei in the United States for more information on import regulations and documents that you will need when having your car brought into the country.
Prior to Shipping your car .
Before your car is even driven to the port of exit you need to make sure you have a detailed quote that will show exactly what you will pay when before the car leaves the U.S. as well as after it is delivered to Brunei. Your shipping agent will go over all of the details with you on the types of shipping as well as the cost of pick-up and/or delivery in Brunei.
You may need to have your car cleaned, depending on how you’re shipping, and make sure that no personal items or paperwork are left in the car. You will also want to make sure that you have all of the necessary paperwork filled out for Customs so that clearance, when the car reaches the entry port, will not be delayed. You can contact Customs to get more information on documents and paperwork that may be required.
Types of Shipping to Brunei.
You will have three choices on how to ship your car to Brunei. The most used way to ship overseas is to us Ro-Ro Shipping. Ro-Ro Shipping is the least expensive way to ship a car and it entails simply driving the car onto the ship, securing it into place for overseas travel, and then driving the car off of the ship when it reaches the entry port. You will need to have your car completely cleaned out before it is loaded onto the ship for transport.
You can also choose to ship via container. Container Shipping allows you to load other items into a container with the car when shipping. If you’re moving to Brunei, it is recommended to use a container and have all of your belongings shipped at one time.
If you have a very expensive or antique car, you may want to use Air Shipping to bring your car to the country. Not only can you pack personal items in your car when shipping by air, but the car will arrive the quickest when being flown in. Either way that you choose to ship, you can have the peace of mind in knowing that the auto transport company will take care of your car during the shipping and transportation of your car.
When the car arrives in Brunei, be sure to give it a detailed inspection to check for any scratching or dents that can be caused during shipping. These things seldom ever happen when shipping a car overseas, but it is always a good idea to check everything over as soon as the car arrives.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Get started with the shipping process to deliver a car to Brunei
- Ship a car to Brunei from the US using the most efficient shipping service
- The most secure way to ship a car to Brunei from the USA
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory